Thread: 2020 F150 Whipple. No power with any changes to tune.

2020 F150 Whipple. No power with any changes to tune.

fixed
    Last edited by Sweet35th; 03-10-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Potential Tuner
    can you put a scan log file?

Quote Originally Posted by noz1337 View Post
    can you put a scan log file?
    Are you asking for a data log from VCM scanner, or the VCM suite info log?

How are you editing your tune without a Mpvi2?

Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    How are you editing your tune without a Mpvi2?
    I do have an MPVI2. Long story short. Co-worker (its his truck) wanted to be able to have multiple tunes. So we were going to use an Ngauge. I read the tune file with my MPVI2, made the changes I wanted and then exported it to an Ngauge format. Loaded it into the Ngauge. Then loaded into the truck. This resulted in a complete loss of power and throttle response.. Reloading the stock tune with the Ngauge (the tune file it saved when loading the custom file I made) or reloading the original read from my MPVI2 restored power.

I then hypothesized that given the different format of the original Whipple file (the tune that I read from the vehicle.) vrs a standard Ford file, that either

A. When the the file was exported into an Ngauge/e-motion the format got messed or data was changed or lost.

or

B. When the Ngauge loaded the file into the vehicle the format was messed up, or data was changed or lost.

To test this theory, I put everything back to stock with the Ngauge. Ensured that the whipple tune for was correctly reinstalled and verified it with a test drive. I re-read the file with my MPVI2, made my changes and loaded it into the vehicle with the MPVI2 this time instead of the Ngauge. Everything now works correctly.

So it appears that the Ngauge can not work with the Whipple os.

Whipple tune works fine being exported to the ngauge.

Email support your co-workers read file and they can patch it.