Thread: Fuel >Infered Pressure

Tuner in Training

Fuel >Infered Pressure

Car: 2017 Mustang 5.0 P/C H.O.

Can these be adjusted so you don't need a Boost a Pump? I have a GT350 Fuel rail with a pressure sensor waiting to be installed. The way I am thinking is this table being set correctly would then modify the Pulse width of the injector to stay open longer because of the pressure drop. Currently on lu47's but will upgrade injectors to 60lb. Infered pressure tables.JPG

Any Thoughts?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare5spd View Post
    Car: 2017 Mustang 5.0 P/C H.O.

Can these be adjusted so you don't need a Boost a Pump? I have a GT350 Fuel rail with a pressure sensor waiting to be installed. The way I am thinking is this table being set correctly would then modify the Pulse width of the injector to stay open longer because of the pressure drop. Currently on lu47's but will upgrade injectors to 60lb. Infered pressure tables.JPG

Any Thoughts?
    No, if you are using a stock pump then these ARE the values for that pump. You are correct that adjusting them would trick the ecu into holding the injectors open longer, but If the pump is maxing out then holding the injectors open longer will just drop the pressure even more. The amount of fuel injected will not increase. If you feel the pump is capable but the injectors are not staying open long enough you could adjust the injector data, but if your data is reliable then you are probably out of pump.