Thread: MAF er --No data

Potential Tuner

MAF er --No data

Recently took the plunge and did my first LS swap in my76 Buick Regal and I used a 109k mile L96 with a 6l90E from a 2010 Express 3500 van. All is going well and I have successfully gotten the car driving and running quite nicely using an LS3/LS7 MAF and the MAF calibration data and wiring from a 2013 ZL1 camaro. The car is running great with the LTFT and STFT disabled exactly as show by the eleventy-billion youtube videos and searches. The directions from Goatrope's gen IV video and I followed directions to the letter.

The issue that I am struggling with has been discussed but after my searches, I never could get it figured out. I can see the tables when I go to log and the cursor jumps around but there is never any data in the fields. I am not a stranger to the search feature either. I have found a bunch of other threads but nothing seems to work. I figured that I would ask here before I go emailing HPtuners with the issue.

Someone has got to know what I am doing wrong.

I do not have a wide band and maybe that is the issue. I really am at a loss as to what the problem is though and I just want to finally start dialing my swap. I am running the standard HPTuners software with the MPVI2.

Hopefully no one is annoyed that my first post here is a question but I am definitely at my max frustration with this issue. I have come this far with my swap and it is not about lazy at all. I have done everything myself and aim to learn how to tune rather than taking my friends advice to go pay someone to tune it for me.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Anything "error" related requires a wideband o2 sensor because you are measuring the error between the commanded AFR/Lambda and the actual AFR/Lambda in the exhaust.

You can tune with STFT + LTFT without a wideband but that only works for idle and part throttle. Anything wide open throttle goes into open loop where fuel trims are not used.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Anything "error" related requires a wideband o2 sensor because you are measuring the error between the commanded AFR/Lambda and the actual AFR/Lambda in the exhaust.

You can tune with STFT + LTFT without a wideband but that only works for idle and part throttle. Anything wide open throttle goes into open loop where fuel trims are not used.

Well, I guess that makes sense. I will just have to do as you said until my pockets can stop simmering from the LS swap wild fire then. I will move on to the bodywork stage until I recover from the massive exodus of discretionary funds due to the swap. No worries because as I said, the car is running much better than I expected after the swap. I could drive it as it is for a bit while I work on other stuff. (like the massive hole in the floor due to the 6l90E size)

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by NDM View Post
    Recently took the plunge and did my first LS swap in my76 Buick Regal and I used a 109k mile L96 with a 6l90E from a 2010 Express 3500 van. All is going well and I have successfully gotten the car driving and running quite nicely using an LS3/LS7 MAF and the MAF calibration data and wiring from a 2013 ZL1 camaro. The car is running great with the LTFT and STFT disabled exactly as show by the eleventy-billion youtube videos and searches. The directions from Goatrope's gen IV video and I followed directions to the letter.

The issue that I am struggling with has been discussed but after my searches, I never could get it figured out. I can see the tables when I go to log and the cursor jumps around but there is never any data in the fields. I am not a stranger to the search feature either. I have found a bunch of other threads but nothing seems to work. I figured that I would ask here before I go emailing HPtuners with the issue.

Someone has got to know what I am doing wrong.

I do not have a wide band and maybe that is the issue. I really am at a loss as to what the problem is though and I just want to finally start dialing my swap. I am running the standard HPTuners software with the MPVI2.

Hopefully no one is annoyed that my first post here is a question but I am definitely at my max frustration with this issue. I have come this far with my swap and it is not about lazy at all. I have done everything myself and aim to learn how to tune rather than taking my friends advice to go pay someone to tune it for me.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Are you saying no data shows in the GRAPH/TABLE when logging. If so then you are not logging against valid axis or your data PID is not valid or last your filters are stopping it.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    Are you saying no data shows in the GRAPH/TABLE when logging. If so then you are not logging against valid axis or your data PID is not valid or last your filters are stopping it.
    Yes, I have the tables set up per all the instructions. I can see the cursor jumping around but the cells are blank. It is like the table is in a comma but still has brain activity. I can see my gauge with maf readings in hz but no logging data in the tables exist.

I have been looking up wide bands but I would prefer not to have to buy one at the moment and still be able to dial in my MAF.

So are there any filters. If so delete them
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

You have to have some kind of sensor data to generate an error % (the values that should be in your now-blank boxes) that can be applied to the tune file. Either fuel trims or WBO2. If you have it in forced open loop and have no wideband, there is no incoming data to populate the graph.