Thread: Hello, new member with jus a couple questions....

Potential Tuner

Hello, new member with jus a couple questions....

Hello everyone! I just want to confirm a few things before I make some purchases.

I want to do video of track days in my GT4 and want to do data overlay on the video.

I have the Track Addict app on my Samsung phone and will purchase the RaceRender software for post production.

I will use my GoPro Hero 7 Black for the video, Qstarz BT-Q818XT 10Hz Bluetooth GPS Receiver for enhanced more accurate GPS data and I have the OBDLink LX Bluetooth for car data.

I just want to confirm I can use all these files and data together and then use RaceRender to create a video file.

I'm 99% sure but just want to confirm from those on here who may have similar setups.

Cheers,
    Dan

Advanced Tuner
    Yep, that should all work nicely. It might be useful to setup everything and just drive around your neighborhood some just to make sure that everything will work when the time comes. It's much easier to fix a setup prior to a track day than it is to fix data afterwards. TrackAddict should make sure everything plays nicely, and then RaceRender should just read the data and interpolate anything that's not being refreshed fast enough.

After you've recorded your session, in the Track Addict app, you'll want to open your session, tap Share, select Send Data File (CSV / GPX / XML / VBO), and select Raw CSV (TrackAddict & RaceRender). I usually just upload to my Google Drive, and then download it on my computer. You might also have luck with the WiFi Transfer to TrackAddict or RaceRender option, but I prefer to have the CSV file in a specific folder with my video files so that I can keep track of where everything is. That also lets me have more complicated overlays and project templates instead of the single input file.

This video uses a GoPro Session 5, VBOX Sport, OBDLink MX, and RaceChrono:
    Last edited by HoboBob; 02-02-2021 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Extra sentence about why to test beforehand

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions HoboBob!

I plan on doing many test runs around town just to make sure I am familiar with the setup before track day.

Cheers,
    Dan