Thread: Lean below 1,600 throttle clears it up

Tuner in Training

Lean below 1,600 throttle clears it up

This is a 2004 DBW Tahoe, LQ4, 862s, 224/228 113lsa, TBSS with LS2TB, and a manual trans swap. With the O2s active and in speed density the truck runs great and is within 1% in all cells except for the first 30seconds to a minute when first started and it doesn't matter if it's warm or cold it does it either way. During that first minute, the AFR hits up to 18+ and is understandably difficult to drive smoothly.

I disabled the O2s and was going to work on the VE table down in that area but it seems no matter how much fuel I add it does not change the lean idle condition and with the O2s inactive then lean idle continues the entire drive. Here are the logs.

Am I missing a table that lays over the VE table and pulls a ton of fuel? LTFT are disabled and cleared.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Fail your MAF, clean up that VE table.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    Fail your MAF, clean up that VE table.
    Thank you for the response.

MAF should be failed with High RPM Disable set to 10,000 RPM as well as, with the MAF Freq Fail High set to 0Hz. I do have MIL P0103 set to no error reported but I assumed that just eliminated the engine light but kept the MAF failed.

VE table is only ugly because I tried adding a significant amount of fuel in the cells where it's showing lean but it seems to have no effect. I'm going to check for an exhaust/vacuum leak later but I don't hear one and have inspected it pretty well in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman1540 View Post

MAF should be failed with High RPM Disable set to 10,000 RPM as well as, with the MAF Freq Fail High set to 0Hz. I do have MIL P0103 set to no error reported but I assumed that just eliminated the engine light but kept the MAF failed.
    Must be set to fail on 1st instance. Just uncheck SES if you dont want to see the light

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman1540 View Post

VE table is only ugly because I tried adding a significant amount of fuel in the cells where it's showing lean but it seems to have no effect. I'm going to check for an exhaust/vacuum leak later but I don't hear one and have inspected it pretty well in the past.
    Has to error on first

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 383_Stroker View Post
    Must be set to fail on 1st instance. Just uncheck SES if you dont want to see the light
    Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    Has to error on first
    Oh well, that explains everything! Thank you guys I had a feeling it was something simple and I'm stupid haha.