Thread: Can't do a standing burnout in cammed and stalled 2014 Silverado

Can't do a standing burnout in cammed and stalled 2014 Silverado

I'm learning on these Gen Vs and after doing tons of Gen 4s, the difference is great!

I realize I didn't log all I should now, but at Time 08:01:40 you can see the truck stopped and it immediately goes to the converter, but will not spin the tires. It feels like it is hitting a wall.

I have adjusted the VTT tables to help with idle, but it still searches some on hard transitions as well.

The main issue is the owner "slides" his truck and starting a righteous burnout from a stop is a huge concern for him.

3600 stall (not spec'd by us) and I Just found out it is a VVT TICK Polluter with a cam phase limiter

Since this I have increased brake torque limit and turned off tip in enable as you can see in version 15.

Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Snowman1987; 02-03-2021 at 03:00 PM.

Tuner
    Accel Thresh ?? Table 12067 Engine-->Fuel-->Cutoff, DFCO-->Accel Thresh

Just a thought.

Thank you for the reply! I am looking at the table now, but unfamiliar with it. What is its purpose?

Advanced Tuner
    I believe it is how much the the computer is predicting you will accelerate. I took .30 out of the whole table above 1,024 rpms

Found this: Since I want no limiting, I have zeroed it out.

New tune attached with that and a couple other changes in regards to removing the tip in enable, less limiting, etc. I appreciate the replies.

The Accell Thresh is the RPM below the RPM limit that accelration based limiting can occur. eg. setting this to zero means it won't occur and RPM limiting will occur purely based on RPM, not engine acceleration.

Accel Max is the maximum acceleration rate allowed before acceleration based limiting will occur (if the above condition is met).

Commanded torque is the amount of torque added or subtracted from the current RPM limit torque request (the RPM limit sends a torque reductiojn request to either the Spark, Fuel Cut or ETC code (which ever is selected). This makes the limiter softer for Spark and ETC limiting methods and allows the PCM to keep the car closer to the RPM limit when ETC and Spark torque control are used.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Snowman1987; 02-03-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Brake Torque mngt is still on as well.

Also this thing is way to rich for an NA engine, like way too rich. 10.7-11.0 AFR is very fat, should be targeting 12.5-12.8 on a DI engine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you for the reply. Is me maxing out the limits not disabling it on the brake torque limit?

I assumed that keeping it enabled On the "Disabled by the TCS", would allow it to be disabled when he clicked the TCS button.

I agree and plan on targeting 12.5

Tuner
    I can do a standing burnout in my truck without issues. Attached is my tune to compare, i didn't see any important differences compared to yours.

Did you physically disable Stabilitrac? I wired in a switch to cut power to the steering wheel sensor to fully kill stabilitrac and then turn off traction control with the dash switch.

Here is my tune if you want to look.
    Turbo-L86 Fuel_3bar_92.hpt
    2014 Silverado L83 | Knockoff S369 Turbo | LT1 Fuel Pump and Injectors | MAST L84 Port Intake | MS3Pro Secondary Fuel Computer

Thank you! I will review that and see what I can find. The truck is coming back this weekend and I will have it for a while.

Its not quite right. I disabled VVT but now I know they have a VVT Tick Polluter cam.

May be getting some outside help. As stated, I am good at the LS stuff, but the LT stuff is so much different with the torque based stuff.

Just let me know, I’ll get everything worked out for ya

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

We were down a whole due to a misfire. That is repaired and I am back at it again....

Wish me luck

Much improved with some help from someone with more Gen 5 experience than myself.

The missfire was most of the issue though. Thank you for the replies. I am glad to be a part of this community for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MORLOK View Post
    I can do a standing burnout in my truck without issues. Attached is my tune to compare, i didn't see any important differences compared to yours.

Did you physically disable Stabilitrac? I wired in a switch to cut power to the steering wheel sensor to fully kill stabilitrac and then turn off traction control with the dash switch.

Here is my tune if you want to look.
    Turbo-L86 Fuel_3bar_92.hpt
    What is the difference with your Accel Thresh vs my Accel Thresh? My table is all 0's whereas yours has values. Can you explain the differences?