Thread: MPVI2, No FOBS Detected

Tuner in Training

MPVI2, No FOBS Detected

Upgraded from the MPVI Pro to the MPVI2 Pro. When attempting to read the ECM, plugging the MPVI2 into the OBD port, the DIC would display "NO FOBS DETECTED". I could not open doors, turn on ACC or start the car. Unplugging the MPVI2 from the OBD port, everything (all systems) would return to normal. However, by placing the FOB into the glove box transmitter reprograming slot, I was able to turn on the ACC and read the ECM (2006 Corvette). I have not tried starting the car to test the scanner functions because of in-climate weather but based on my experience with the Editor and reading the ECM, I will probably have to start the car, plug the MPVI2 into the OBD port or plug the FOB into the glove box transmitter slot in order to work around the NO FOB DETECTED issue. I have checked the FOB battery (CR2032) and it tests good as it is a new battery and the FOB works great as long as the MPVI2 is not plugged into the OBD port. Plugging the MPVI2 into the OBD port kills everything. Any ideas or known fixes for this problem?

Tuner in Training
    HP Tech Support indicated that no permanent fix for "No Fobs Detected" exists and for those who experience this problem, use of the glove box reprograming slot is the recommended work around.