Thread: after updated hptuners having issues tuning a truck

after updated hptuners having issues tuning a truck

Hey guys, not sure whats going on but after I updated hptuners with the latest download and tuned the next truck I'm getting these codes:

U0100
    U0101
    U0137
    U0121
    U0401
    U0415

all to do with loosing communication with ecm/tcm/trailer brakes/abs and invalid data.

I've tuned 60+ vehicles with hptuners and never had this happen before,

any ideas why this happening?

this truck is a 2014 gmc with the 6.2 and 6pd

Have you tried flashing back the original Tune?
    Do you have a different scanner to try to clear codes? Communicate with the individual modules, run a few bidirectional tests?
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

thanks for the reply, I refreshed the same tune and afterwards the codes came back, cleared them with the scanner twice but now seems to be ok

Well guys, having the same issue again but with a 2007 gmc 6.0, same communication issues and now also says invalid application key when i try to flash or pull the tune off.

anyone have the previous version before the 4.8.7 was released?

ever since that update i got nothing but issues

So just an update, got an older version, pulled the tune again, reflashed it back (this was the stock tune) and same thing, no start.

he brought the truck to a dealer and they got it going, said something about the security system was not communicating anymore and had to reset it.

now he still wants me to put the modified tune back on but dont want to have this happen again.

what can i do to make sure this doesnt happen anymore?

Potential Tuner
    Jamie F
    I have a similar issue but only comm issues with EBC - ECU U0401 and 0415 so the car starts but has EBC issues.
    Suspect could be a similar issue to what you had experienced.
    Did you flash the modified tune back in without issue? What was the fix to this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR8 View Post
    Jamie F
    I have a similar issue but only comm issues with EBC - ECU U0401 and 0415 so the car starts but has EBC issues.
    Suspect could be a similar issue to what you had experienced.
    Did you flash the modified tune back in without issue? What was the fix to this problem?

Hey Mark,
    what ended up fixing it was unplugging the bcm and plugging it back in, was kinda strange to me but it seems to be working

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie F View Post
    Hey Mark,
    what ended up fixing it was unplugging the bcm and plugging it back in, was kinda strange to me but it seems to be working
    Was that after flashing the modified file back in?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR8 View Post
    Was that after flashing the modified file back in?
    that was with the stock file on it, then afterwards reflashed with the modified file