Thread: 2015 Ram 426/built HP70/Whipple

Tuner in Training

2015 Ram 426/built HP70/Whipple

Hello all. So I have a truck that was built in another shop and ran into tuning issues. We have the engine re-tuned with a new PCM, etc., but the trans will not take a fast learn or slow learn. It stops with a FF error. Has anyone had this issue with any of the ZF trans?

Thanks!
    '07 MSRT8 426- 4.2 KB- Paramount Super Pro-1000HP club-

Tuner in Training
    Mines a built '15 as well, I haven't had a problem using my snap-on solus ultra. I've only done it once but it completed...

I was not able to initiate the relearn either with HP tuners. I can get the scanner to read all the parameter to watch the relearn. A trip to the dealer or another scanner, I'm working on getting my hands on the WiTech MicroPOD 2 to initiate the relearn. Fingers crossed it works i'll let you know

The relearn is a bit flakey. It seems to take a few attempts.
    But it also takes a LONG time to complete. like 20min or so. So don't be too impatient. It makes you think it stalled out or locked up but eventually you can feel it engage the clutches every so often.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
    The relearn is a bit flakey. It seems to take a few attempts.
    But it also takes a LONG time to complete. like 20min or so. So don't be too impatient. It makes you think it stalled out or locked up but eventually you can feel it engage the clutches every so often.
    That is soo true... Even doing the adaptive stuff takes multiple attempts, if your lucky...

Quote Originally Posted by pointofview_365 View Post
    That is soo true... Even doing the adaptive stuff takes multiple attempts, if your lucky...
    So to be clear were you able to initiate the relearn using hp tuners or did you have to use an external device?

Tuner in Training
    I ended up doing it with a snapon... After countless attempts, I went to the Solus... It's really a good day when HP tuners works with even the adaptive resets...