Thread: Phase Locked Cam Help

Tuner in Training

Phase Locked Cam Help

Hey Guys,

Installed a TSP Stage 3 Boost cam in my 2010 5.7. 223/232 duration, .582/.582 lift, 115LSA, +3 advance, 112ICL. Could anyone explain to me what happens to the tune when i mechanically lock the phaser? Im assuming I would disable ?Exhaust Cam Phaser? being Hemis only have 1 cam. Is there anything else I have to disable? If this cam is locked, im assuming its running full advance all the time? Would i make any changes to my cam tables? I?ve seen some good write ups on Phase Limiters, just trying to wrap my head around tuning for a locked phaser.

Tuner in Training
    I think disabling the cam phaser is all you need to do on the cam tables (it can't move so no adjustment needed). However, since the cam is locked at lock pin, I would suggest making sure your spark advance normal lockpin is the same as normal and WOT lockpin is the same as WOT. You may also get some engine trouble codes for the cam phaser that need to be disabled.

Tuner in Training
    I agree with iceyrider

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply! Wow, didnt think it was that easy. So i dont have to tell the PCM the exhaust max and min values of the cam? Just simply disable the phaser and adjust the Lockpin tables to match the regular tables?

Thanks for this thread 732mopar, both here and on CT. After going through some data from the tuning school, this is what they recommend as well. Glad to see our community sharing knowledge like the LS & Ford guys.

Tuner in Training
    Thats what the community should be about!