Thread: 4L60E and 0411 as a stand alone no TCC apply

Tuner in Training

4L60E and 0411 as a stand alone no TCC apply

Hi hope someone can shed some light. I am using a 0411 pcm as a stand alone unit for a 4l60e on a old school 5.7l. I have managed to get the trans to shift thru all its gears up shift, down shift no problems. The only problem I have is the converter will not lock up I have checked all wiring and everything is correct if I command the solenoids they switch on and off . I have also compared files with different 4l60e,s and tried different combinations but still no luck I am using 2002 express van os at the moment

Tuner in Training
    Hi to all just a quick update on my stand alone unit I have managed to get the converter to lock up. The problem was it was not getting a engine temp signal all is now working. It runs like a clock on a old school chevy motor and is very responsive.
    Last edited by Overdrive915; 02-14-2021 at 05:45 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Update on the stand alone controller the problem was not the temp sender. What I actually found was the file that I used from a express van was originally a 4l80e and someone just changed the transmission in the general file to 4l60e so I was not getting the pwm signal for the converter. I did a transmission segment swap and all is now working as it should. Apologies for the incorrect info in the above post. I am new to all of this and paying huge school fee's but all worth while in the end.

May I ask where you found those files at?

Tuner in Training
    I got them from the HP tuners repository. YES you are warned about using these files so it was my own fault for not checking the files properly not anybody else. I am learning extremely fast with trial and error as to what can be done and what can't.

Potential Tuner
    I am also using a 0411 as a standard alone ocm with a 4l60e. I'm stuck.in limp mode and can't sort out why. I've checked the wiring from pcm to trans. All checks correct. I don't have a crank signal to the pcm. Would that be the issue. I run it and only get reverse, 2nd and third manually shifting it. Checked all power and grounds to the pcm all checks good. I'm missing something.