Thread: 03 LQ4 sloppy stage2

Tuner

03 LQ4 sloppy stage2

I have the BRF pretty good and it'll idle fine, the issue i have now is when i come to a stop it'll stall, and it has a small blip when it shifts which is hard being turbo 400 with shift kit. What do i need to look at so it'll stay running when i come to a stop? and fuel trims -2 thru -4
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    If I recall, the trans needs to be set to 'manual' with a th400. And post the data of it happening.

When I did a Th350 swap tune we left the transmission as what it was stock (4L60e) and just disabled everything transmission and torque mngt/abuse related to keep it happy.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Didn't look at tune so don't know if cable or ETC. Should run a MT calibration with any non elec trans. And with T400 probably no MPH input to the PCM so no throttle cracker help. Add some idle timing and idle air is about all you can do.

Tuner
    It is DBC, I raised idle timing a little and raise idle air a bit i'll know later if that helps. And disabled everything trans related but i will set it to manual to see.Rite now it's set at non electric and no speed input in tune.

Advanced Tuner
    I tuned a ls1 with the ss2 cam and a th400. You can make it have a stable idle you just have to have your adaptive idle set up right along with throttle follower. It takes a bit of messing with pid tables, but you can get it dialed.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    It is DBC, I raised idle timing a little and raise idle air a bit i'll know later if that helps. And disabled everything trans related but i will set it to manual to see.Rite now it's set at non electric and no speed input in tune.
    Those switches don't do anything except effect the ID under calibration details.