Thread: TrackAddict and SCJAM SJ6 Legend integration

Potential Tuner

Thumbs up TrackAddict and SCJAM SJ6 Legend integration

For those of you out there using the TrackAddict App, I wanted to let you know that the SJCAM controls in TrackAddict works as it should with the SJ6 Legend camera. I was able to add the WiFi SSID and Password to the Phone/App (a Samsung GS9+). The start and stop of the recording on the SJCAM SJ6 Legend works just like you think.

Testing the whole setup.
    I will be testing the track recording and rendering after the track weekend at ECR in Decatur, TX on 2/20 - 2/21/2. I am not very versed in RaceRender, but I am getting better at producing useful trackday videos. If you are interested in my results, feel free to PM me or reply to this post.

Potential Tuner
    I was super excited when I saw this camera had 4K video, gyro stabilization, wifi, and also the ability to add and external mic and charging (with a DIY USB cable) so I ordered one. I can confirm it works perfect with iOS starting and stopping as you would expect (unlike the newer GoPros). I made a combo charge/mic cable using the following pinout from a USB 3.0 to Mini USB (10 pin) and it works perfect. The one thing you must remember is the camera must have the Gimbal setting turned off (or just reset the camera to defaults to be safe). I spent hours thinking my cable was faulty when it was just the Gimbal setting overriding the USB port detection. When your cable is plugged in you will see a "Busy" message as it switches to the external microphone.

(This is the pinout looking from the front of the port as you would view it with your eye -- other info you will find is from the backside where the pins/solder/wire hookup)
    pinout.png

You can also buy the combo cable, but I do not think they ship to the USA without using a forwarding service:
    https://shopee.ph/product/237542451/...3-1608439390.9

See this thread for more details:
    https://sjcam.com/community/threads/...rnal-mic.2440/
    Last edited by dustinsterk; 05-28-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Potential Tuner
    One other note with this camera as my mistake ruined an entire day of footage. If you are shooting on a bright sunny day and the camera is mounted inside the car, ensure you turn on "Spot Metering". If you do not (like I mistakenly did), the inside footage of the car will be perfect, but anything outside the windshield will be just a white washout.

Example:
    gopro-spot-meter.png
    Last edited by dustinsterk; 06-10-2021 at 11:49 AM.