Thread: Y/M License Upgrade Question

Tuner in Training Blockade Runner's Avatar

Y/M License Upgrade Question

OK I have five (5) credits available on my interface. I want to upgrade to a Year/Model license as I don't even know if my PCM is even functional after my failed write attempt(s). I now have a bench harness, and everything isolated as far as PC & harness power. I have determination, but no evidence I will be successful at this point (no start truck still).
    Ready for another write attempt, but I want to make sure I upgrade to Y/M license.
    So I need to know exactly how to upgrade to a Y/M license. Will it prompt me or give me the option to upgrade to a Y/M license after I click "Write"? Or will I just un-necessarily flush another $100 down the toilet in this seemingly endless nightmare?
    License "Path To Upgrade" tells me I need five (5) credits, and interface module tells me I have 5 available. (Purchased 7 credits already; flushed 2 in a failed write.) Can't keep flushing $$$ down the toilet.
    Please advise!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, for MPVI2 it will ask you to license the file at the initial flash, this is your opportunity to choose the license you want ie single vcm, year/model or unlimited gen license.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thank you!!
    What if there has already been a write (attempt, that is)? Will I have the opportunity to choose Y/M once again?
    Sorry for the needed clarification, just want to be sure about what you meant by "initial" flash.
    Last edited by Blockade Runner; 02-08-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Anybody else want to help clarify here? Only going on day 10 of "No Start" from one and only write attempt. Will I get the option to upgrade to Y/M license, or did that occur on "the initial flash" only as Bill from support states? I really need to get this problem resolved, and I don't know if it's gonna take a dozen flash attempts to do it. Please take a moment to help if you can.

Why do you want to do a model year license?

Do you plan to buy many computers on the same exact year?

Once you license a file you can't change that license, like you can't switch that to a model year license. You'd need to have another computer of the same year, then it would ask you which license you want, be it a single license or spend the extra credits to unlock the whole year for X amount of credits.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockade Runner View Post
    Anybody else want to help clarify here? Only going on day 10 of "No Start" from one and only write attempt. Will I get the option to upgrade to Y/M license, or did that occur on "the initial flash" only as Bill from support states? I really need to get this problem resolved, and I don't know if it's gonna take a dozen flash attempts to do it. Please take a moment to help if you can.
    You only get one chance to license a file and that is at the initial flash.

That is the clarification I was seeking. Thank you.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockade Runner View Post
    That is the clarification I was seeking. Thank you.
    With that said if you want to UPGRADE to the year/model license just open up a file that falls in the year/model license you want that you haven't yet licensed. For instance if you want the 2000 Silverado V8 year/model license find a file from a 2000 Silverado V8 open & select the year/model license & commit the license, the software will automatically calculate the correct amount of credits necessary. Just be careful in the file you license to make sure its truely what you want.

No I really just didn't understand how it all works. Once again 5FDP set me straight, and I appreciate his patience. I still have a no start since my only flash 11 days ago, and now have a perpetual "Controller Unlocker: Timed Out" failure. I actually was thinking I had to burn 2 credits every time I hit the space bar, and I don't know if my PCM is even communicating. It has been 36-48 hours wait for every email on the matter from support, so I hope to be knowing more within the next 12 hours.