Thread: LWN 2.8 diesel GMC support?

Tuner in Training

LWN 2.8 diesel GMC support?

From what i can see on the supported list the gmc canyon/chevy colorado with the 2.8L duramax LWN turbo diesel are only supported for years 2016 and 2017. Im looking at getting a 2019. is EFI live the only option? how come HP tuners is 4 years behind of this motor?

Potential Tuner
    If you get any more info please document it. Info on these trucks isn't as available as we would like it to be.

I had to contact hptuners to read my 2018, I had to use the latest beta for it to read. So they can read the newer locked computers fine, do they just not show as many parameters as efilive?

Tuner in Training
    So ive been in contact with support for over a month now waiting for them to unlock my ecm/ make the file readable? not sure it threw an error after i saved the file and tried to read it. They said they can fix it but are taking a very long time.

Had to get the beta version and manually set the ECM to E98A. TCM auto detected so that was good. It saved a copy of the file i just cant edit it yet while i wait for HPtuners. Not sure what it will be missing once i get it back. also not sure if i can flash a older 2017 or 2016 OS/tune onto the newer truck without issues. Those were E98 not E98A. not sure the differance but there must be somthing.

Potential Tuner
    Not sure what the communication issues you're having with support are...they had the latest beta reading my truck the next day after I emailed them the proper logs and files requested.

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2018 Colorado ZR2 and the ecm reads and writes fine, its the tcm I cant read.