Thread: MPVI2, No FOBS Detected

Tuner in Training

MPVI2, No FOBS Detected

Exchanged my MPVI Pro for the MPVI2 Pro. 2006 Corvette, LS2 Convertible. My first and subsequent attempts at reading the ECM with the new MPVI2 failed as I could not turn power on (ACC mode) with the MPVI2 plugged into the OBD2 Port, receiving the message "NO FOBS DETECTED" from the DIC. Batteries in both FOBS are new and test good. No cell phone or Blue Tooth interference, all doors closed and nothing to interfere with the FOBS connectivity or performance. However, by plugging the FOB into the glove box transmitter/reprograming slot, I am able to turn power on (ACC) and read the ECM. I have not tried to use the scanner but assume I will probably have to start the car and then plug the MPVI2 into the OBD2 Port in order to data log or scan vehicle performance. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Tuner in Training
    Contacted Support and my Tech said the "No Fobs Detected" is not real prevalent, but they are aware that this is an issue in some applications and there is no fix. The work around, using the glove box reprograming slot, works for both the Editor and Scanner. I will march on using the glove box slot and call it a day unless something else crops up.

Potential Tuner

Great to know...

Quote Originally Posted by jxhunte View Post
    Contacted Support and my Tech said the "No Fobs Detected" is not real prevalent, but they are aware that this is an issue in some applications and there is no fix. The work around, using the glove box reprograming slot, works for both the Editor and Scanner. I will march on using the glove box slot and call it a day unless something else crops up.
    I'm just in the middle of my first deep dive into HP tuners. I have a monster that Frankenstein's monster would be afraid of its look. Having taken a poor unexpecting C4 and given it everything C6 inside and under the hood. She has an LS2 and 6L80 with every bit of C6 kit that could fit (dash, windows, HVAC, ABS...and even trunk release). I hit this issue and went 'oh -here it goes' - the car only shows 3 DIC messages all from not have the AC gassed or compressor connected.

I did find if you press the ACC on (lower half of the start button) before plug MPVI2 in the ECU could be read. I didn't try a start. I'm not so sure it is a good idea to plug it in post the ACC is on, but it did work