Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injector question FNPW_OFFCOMP.

Advanced Tuner

Injector question FNPW_OFFCOMP.

I finally figured out how to input fords injector data into the tune, except I cannot figure out how to scale FNPW_OFFCOMP.

My tune is using 65 PSI as 1.0 and the Ford data is using 39.15 as 1.0

Fords data is on the linked page and I have a screen shot of the table I'm trying to correct.

Thanks.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/pa...-9593-lu47.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    No one?

Since I'm using 65 PSI as zero I think I need to pull what the 39 PSI data is adding.

So 65 PSI would be 0.84, 55 PSI would be 0.79 ect

Am I correct on this?

Advanced Tuner
    I believe those are the injectors that come in the Roush TVS kit. Here is a stock Roush file. Copy and paste and see how it works.

Roush575stock.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Roush's tune doesn't change the voltage or pressure modifiers. It also sets flow rate high at 60 lb/hr when Fords pressure modifier sets the LU47 at 56 lb/hr.

Ford's multiplier is at 55 PSI. If Roush uses 58 would it then match?

What is the actual coyote fuel pressure? If Roush's numbers worked I wouldn't be asking these questions.

I had a calibrated MAF, changed to LU47's used Roush injector numbers and ended up with an avg 6% pulling of fuel. Some places it is over 10%. Before the change it was avg 2% pulling fuel.

I don't think Roush is using LU47's

What really confuses me is the 2014 Roush tune uses 100 lb/hr injector data and when I use that data I get the same 6% avg pulling of fuel.

HELP!

Please teach me to fish.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    Roush's tune doesn't change the voltage or pressure modifiers. It also sets flow rate high at 60 lb/hr when Fords pressure modifier sets the LU47 at 56 lb/hr.

Ford's multiplier is at 55 PSI. If Roush uses 58 would it then match?

What is the actual coyote fuel pressure? If Roush's numbers worked I wouldn't be asking these questions.

I had a calibrated MAF, changed to LU47's used Roush injector numbers and ended up with an avg 6% pulling of fuel. Some places it is over 10%. Before the change it was avg 2% pulling fuel.

I don't think Roush is using LU47's

What really confuses me is the 2014 Roush tune uses 100 lb/hr injector data and when I use that data I get the same 6% avg pulling of fuel.

HELP!

Please teach me to fish.
    The factory fuel pressure is between 55 and 58. I've been told both. I have a return system with a regulator and changing between the 2 makes a negligible difference. Are you saying the file I posted has 100# injector data? The file I posted came from my car when it was stock and I know for a fact it had LU47s in it, so the data should be accurate. Have you tried the Roush data? If so, how did it work?

Advanced Tuner
    There are a couple of Roush tunes. One is from a 2014 car and the injector flow data calculates out to 100# injectors.

The data I'm using is the same as your tune, but it doesn't line up with data from Ford. When I use the multipliers from the data sheet is calculates out to be 55# injectors. Also the break point, voltage offset and pressure offsets don't line up.

I could just change the MAF but I'd like to understand why the injector data is different, and if I should use the Ford data or the Roush.

If I do decide to use Ford's data I don't understand how to scale the pressure compensation table.

Advanced Tuner
    OOps

Txcharlie tune is the one i use for the lu47. I had more consistent fueling from stock inj to lu47 with his tune data vs frpp. Roush does limit the variance in pump flow/ vs pressure in some of their tunes. Guess its really that they limit what the ecu can assume it is.

Please share if you find why roush spent the time and money to redo frpp data. There are a few older threads on this topic with stock tunes having some variance, f150 iirc.

I'll log fuel pressure with my external sensor once this weather breaks. Have been curious how accurate the stock tables are. But 55 to 58psi is my understanding as well.

Advanced Tuner
    I went ahead and used the FRPP data and it is way off.

It was commanding 1.0 at cruise and actual lambda was 1.03. I dipped into the pedal and got commanded .83 and 1.0 actual. The dash AF gauge was all over the map. Needless to say I stopped and reflashed.

I suppose I'll just re-do my MAF and hopefully someday I'll figure out why.

Thanks, I'd like to know what pressure it actually runs at.

Advanced Tuner
    To me, injector data is static and should not be tuned in any way. There are many things in the Coyote platform I would rather spend my limited brain power on rather than the differences between the FRPP and Roush injector data. It's also why most everyone preaches to new tuners to make sure they use injectors with good, known data. I'm not implying that anyone in this thread is a newbe. I just saying don't make things complicated when it can be avoided. I only use IDs because the data sheet is so good. It will scale everything based on fuel pressure.

Advanced Tuner
    Well I am a newbe and only tune my car. I'm 60 years old and don't want to start a tuning business, just want to understand how this car works. It's a lot different than changing springs and weights and jets.

Everything I have read says to get the injector data spot on before changing MAF.

I wish I could afford ID's...

K44 try this FB marketplace group see injectors all the time as people are upgrading. if the link doesnt work i could try inviting you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8078...07910525894329

Advanced Tuner
    For anyone else wondering.

Txcharlie's injector data is good. I did one minor maf correction and the whole curve is 2% or better.

For anyone else wondering.

Txcharlie's injector data is good. I did one minor maf correction and the whole curve is 2% or better.
    I think that’s why he gave it to you...

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you.

I still don't know why Ford's data is wrong.

My 2012 GT with an Edelbrock blower is "unhappy" between idle and 2K. Thread here, for what it's worth: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...580#post641580

Kit includes LU47, Edelbrock tune uses Ford's data. Banging my head against the wall on trying to clear it up. MAF adjustments seem to be inconsistent as well. Sometimes it's happy, other times it's adding/removing 10% fuel.

Anyway, once I get the car back together, I'll try the Roush injector data for the LU47s.

I still don't know why Ford's data is wrong.
    Wonder if there's an error in Ford's data. Look at FNPW_BKCOMP in their data. There's a "hole" at 55 PSI. That's weird.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 5.31.03 PM.png

Graph of Ford data:
    Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 5.33.20 PM.png

Graph of Roush data:
    Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 5.34.34 PM.png

Am I reading this right? I also wonder if Ford's injector data includes fuel rail effects (as in, pulse harmonics in the fuel rail). Those would obviously be different once the fuel rails are changed. Thus, Ford's fuel injector data may be incorrect with non-stock fuel rails.
    Last edited by WesDuenkel; 02-17-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    With the good data the low slope calculates to 84 Lb/Hr.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm using stock fuel rails and the Ford data is wrong. Also Roush does not change the BKCOMP table from the stock 3xLb/Hr injector data.

With the good data the low slope calculates to 84 Lb/Hr.
    Yes, I see that. Which is a pretty big difference from the Ford data.

I'm using stock fuel rails and the Ford data is wrong. Also Roush does not change the BKCOMP table from the stock 3xLb/Hr injector data.
    I don't understand. The "Roush575stock.hpt" file posted above has changes highlighted here in green, including the "Breakpoint Mult"
    Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 7.52.28 AM.png
    It was odd that I had to manually enter the data in those tables vs. just copy/paste...but they were changed regardless. My car is a 2012. What year is your car?