Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injector question FNPW_OFFCOMP.

Advanced Tuner
    Mine is a 17

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    Mine is a 17
    what data from texas charlie did you end up using. Im starting to wonder if the ford data that was developed was only for the 11-14. I never seemed to have any issue using their data, but now im second guessing myself.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WesDuenkel View Post
    I don't understand. The "Roush575stock.hpt" file posted above has changes highlighted here in green, including the "Breakpoint Mult"
    Attachment 107447
    It was odd that I had to manually enter the data in those tables vs. just copy/paste...but they were changed regardless. My car is a 2012. What year is your car?
    roush uses a different ecu strategy than ford thats why some things dont translate over

^^ agreed and best to compare such data in two separate instances of VCM Editor just to make sure. only time ive come to trust everything is showing in comparison is if its changes to the same strategy/tune.

here are several injectors compared, LU47 from FRPP, G302 from frpp, 2 lu47 from roush and stock.

inj comp.xlsx

lo slope.png

Advanced Tuner
    I also find Roush uses 2 differing sets of data for the LU47's.

More confusion. What really confuses me is both sets of Roush data work in the tune without needing to modify the stock MAF, but using Ford Performance data needs MAF correction.

So the question becomes did Roush change injector data to keep from having to modify MAF? And why is there 2 sets of data?

One has the low slope flowing 84 lb/hr and the other has it at 64 lb/hr. Both sets of data work in my tune when coped over.

I understand this is a minor thing but I'd like to know why.

Advanced Tuner
    I also find Roush uses 2 differing sets of data for the LU47's.

More confusion. What really confuses me is both sets of Roush data work in the tune without needing to modify the stock MAF, but using Ford Performance data needs MAF correction.

So the question becomes did Roush change injector data to keep from having to modify MAF? And why is there 2 sets of data?

One has the low slope flowing 84 lb/hr and the other has it at 64 lb/hr. Both sets of data work in my tune when coped over.

I understand this is a minor thing but I'd like to know why.
    emissions and different power levels. The lu47 injectors are flow rated at 39.15 psi so increasing the pressure effectively increases the flow rate of the injector until the solenoid can't keep up with the demand. the reason roush uses different data is their MAF housing data is specific to the setup. Whereas ford assumes you to be using their data on off-road vehicles and different combinations of maf housing/ power adders. if that makes sense

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I think it clicked.

If we have known good MAF data we fix any errors using the injector data. If the MAF is unknown we go with the injector spec sheet and modify MAF.

Is that correct? Or at least the correct concept?

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I think it clicked.

If we have known good MAF data we fix any errors using the injector data. If the MAF is unknown we go with the injector spec sheet and modify MAF.

Is that correct? Or at least the correct concept?
    thats at least how i've always understood it.