Thread: Need help with a tune

Potential Tuner

Need help with a tune

Hello all,
    I'm brand new to this so bare with me if this has been addressed. I'm still learning how to search on here. I have a 2002 5.3 that is stock with the exception of a texas speed cam. The specs are 223/226 .50 Lift.600.600 Lobe Seperation 111
    I checked the Tune Repository and was unable to find one. Is there anyone that can email me a tune that I can write to my vehicle. Also, this is a swap. It is in a 1978 Jeep CJ7 with a manual transmission. I appreciate any help.

No, nobody can just email you a tune that will just work.

It takes time with a wideband oxygen sensor installed in the exhaust to dial things in. Fueling, airflow tables, timing all take time to see what works.

You should consider getting larger injectors, stockers probably will be at the limits if you rev this thing out because this camshaft is going to make power way up in the rev range. And make sure fuel pressure is 58psi all the time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Ok. I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to being able to tune it myself but the more I read and learn, the more I realize it may take me a long time.

Potential Tuner
    It seems to me that if you are new to something, then the first experience will be long in any case. But then you will understand what's what and everything will go much faster.