Thread: 2017 L83 Sierra 5.3 tune...

Potential Tuner

Question 2017 L83 Sierra 5.3 tune...

I have the basic bolt on's, cold air intake, Jet Performance TB & their matching MAF Sensor, Airaid TB spacer, MSD blaster coils, Granatelli 8mm plug wires, Kooks long tubes with their catted y's, and flow master exhaust. Does any one have a simple tune they can share? I already deleted the afm, can't figure out how to nock off the top speed limiter, mines is set at 98.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 02-24-2021 at 11:37 AM. Reason: upgrades

Here's my tune which is getting somewhat close to having finished given the truck is a heifer it moves. From a dig I'm able to spin my 35" mud terrain tires enough to go side wise thru and intersection for fun it hooks fine to. Use as a loose template I tuned the trans for longevity by taking out TCC slip so on and so forth and overall performance, engine wise I've gone thru pretty good currently working on the partial throttle AFR tuning the maf. I'll include a fresh untouched factory tune file for comparison they come in handy. Hope this is of some help b/c I started on tuning on the Gen V platform and it's been an experience a true learning curve haha.

Mod list
    -AFM/DOD disabled
    -Airaid MIT w/k&N
    -Airbox baffle removal
    -L86 intake manifold/throttle body
    -Acdelco pro wires and plugs
    -Long tube headers
    -catless y pipe (if you're running cats you'll need to enable catalyst protection under fuel>temperature control and o2 sensor codes DCT's under the diagnostic tab)
    -Full length single exit exhaust with carven bullet and factory resonator out the stock tail pipe no valve.
    -Katech 174 degree thermostat
    -Transmission thermostat delete bypass
    -is lifted 4 inches and on 35" tires with 3.42's (edit this per your application with the tire/gear wizard)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by A_Texas90; 02-24-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks brother for taking the time to reply, I actually updated my post as I added a few yummies. I also found and chated with a local tuner instagram @Kagantuned whom I will be dino tuning my truck with. Just to let him play around and get me a good basic tune with what I got. I know its ot much yet, but I want to see what my truck can do now before I procharge and cam it in the coming months. If you don't mind though, I would like to follow your tunes so I can learn to mess with this kit myself. My facebook name is Angel Hernandez my link www.facebook.com/Alhern77
    Hit me up so I can follow you, I have a few questions about tune deleting the O2 cel light due to the racing cats, and knocking off the top speed limiter.

Will do send my your tune file [email protected] or upload it here. I'll fix all the speedo and the cat stuff then let you know which changes were made. I'll link up on the facebook when I get a sec..