Thread: Ford EU Engines

Tuner in Training

Ford EU Engines

Due to the difference in requirements for vehicles being built for the EU marketplace (Ford engines - emissions), would it be worth having a section for EU Ford Engines (Ecoboost and V8)?
    Asking as the owner of an EU Mustang GT 2018+, we have different headers, Gas Particulate Filters, and I suspect slightly different air boxes (based on what I've seen of my own Vs US/Canada ones).
    May also help with legal requirements for the EU vs North America, experiences of tuners generating maps for vehicles in this region. I am aware that some tuners such as PBD have done tunes for vehicles in the EU.

Just asking the question, as it may help to find information quicker?

Not worth the hassle, differences are minute.

Tuner in Training
    From what I am starting to hear, Ford may have done a few hidden things with it in the EU…

@Veeefour, do you happen to know what those minute differences are, and how to work around them?
    I'm asking because my 2020 Mustang GT doesn't work with the HPtuners interface as expected, and I suspect it's because of its European nature. And nobody seems to be able to help me with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Soare View Post
    @Veeefour, do you happen to know what those minute differences are, and how to work around them?
    I'm asking because my 2020 Mustang GT doesn't work with the HPtuners interface as expected, and I suspect it's because of its European nature. And nobody seems to be able to help me with that.
    give more information
    which control unit?
    what do you mean "doesn't work"?
    ...HPTuner works great with usa and european version if there is an appropriate license

GM FORD DODGE
    custom xdf for hpt

Quote Originally Posted by svvag2000 View Post
    which control unit?
    what do you mean "doesn't work"?
    Hardware.png

By "doesn't work" I mean that the car doesn't do what I tell it to do in the tune. I have the right licence, and I can upload the tune to the car just fine, no problem, no error. But the car simply ignores my changes.
    It's about the active exhaust settings. The active exhaust (factory installed) works fine, but not in accordance with the tables that I can see and edit in the VCM Editor. Moreover, if I use the VCM Scanner to scan for available parameters, it finds one that's called "active exhaust desired position". But this is always 0%, it never changes.

This makes me think that the Euro-spec PCM has different tables, or it has them at different memory addresses, or maybe it controls the active exhaust by other means, or something like that. There seems to be an incompatibility somewhere.