Thread: What is the minimal CPU speed for it to work

What is the minimal CPU speed for it to work

I looked around and only thing I can find is that it needs a CPU 2.0 or faster. What I want to do is put the VCM suite program on a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 tablet, but they are only at 1.7 gigahertz. Will it work is my question or will that be to slow ? I currently have it on my HP laptop, but would like to dash mount the tablet and use it mostly for gauges, and changing maps if need be.

Advanced Tuner
    Can you install programs on one of those?

Anyway, HPT runs fine on my old HP mini so I'm sure you will be fine.

I do logging on a low-end laptop with a 1.6 dual core (AMD Turion), never had an issue.

Tuner in Training
    I've seen a video on Youtube (Goat Rope Garage), with it running on an Intel Atom (mobile processor) cost $150. It was slow, but worked.

I have an IT background, and the processor speed is only applicable if using the exact same processor, as each generation gets quicker, at the same speed or even slower speeds.
    If you look on https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...rchy,4312.html
    You should be able to see the relative speed of different processors.

I believe that if its too slow, the main issue, is that the vehicles ECU will throw data at the interface (Scanner), at a steady rate, when connected, if too slow, you will miss some data (can't keep up).
    ECU's are generally bargain bin kit, as it saves money on the manufacturers overall car build costs.