Thread: TVS Coyote F150 laying over above 6200rpm

Tuner in Training

TVS Coyote F150 laying over above 6200rpm

Looking for some suggestions, have a built 16 F150 coyote, cams, forged bottom, 2650tvs, twin69mm tb, return fuel, that seems to pull like mad all the way to 6200rpm, 640whp, then falls off, here's my file and the last dyno run, looking at the scanner log I'm not seeing the throttle close or timing pull above 5000rpm all the way to 7k, I did see a couple degrees of timing pull from 3500-4800rpm I need to address, we feel this thing should't stop pulling until a bazillion rpm, we'd love to see 700whp@7000rpm, have a look any advice is appreciated, thanks Brett
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    my 2 cents is through your whole pull you never get into optimum performance. you stay in best fuel economy. your cam angles in best fuel economy might be why its falling on its face. also you should have your weighted vct mapped points logged(each mapped point), 14-25

Tuner in Training
    I should also add this file is originally a dealer installed Roush TVS kit, and I just noticed that while road testing that map14 stays 100%. I realize that many think it a hack to lock one map, right now I have great drivability, no codes and such. Am I opening up a can of worms turning the system back on? Thanks again

Tuner in Training
    Yes I just figured out it was locked on map14, going to get that figured out, thanks

Tuner
    I would compare with some other F150 TVS tunes and do some trial and error on what you want/like.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    I would compare with some other F150 TVS tunes and do some trial and error on what you want/like.
    This is the first F150 TVS we have done, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of files out there to compare ours too that aren't originally Roush tunes.

Tuner
    KTDV0C4 Roush Phase1 F150 5.0.hpt

Heres a phase 1 Roush f150. theres another thread where someone posted a phase 3 for f150. hope it helps

Tuner
    2017 F150 whipple.hpt

Here is a 2017F150 with a Whipple

Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    my 2 cents is through your whole pull you never get into optimum performance. you stay in best fuel economy. your cam angles in best fuel economy might be why its falling on its face. also you should have your weighted vct mapped points logged(each mapped point), 14-25
    Hi, i am lurking and learning atm, how did you determine that BLP was not entering optimum power. I figure it out thanks

Tuner
    When you log VCT schedule mode it will will tell you what mode your cams are in, best fuel, fuel,economy, OP etc

Spending time aquatinting myself with the software and forgot about the tabs on the left side for the channels. One thing i wish we could do is build and save channels without being in the car. Since we can pull the calibration off the car one would think that making channels offline wouldnt be that difficult but im just a laymen so what do i know lol

Tuner
    You can build a template and save it.

Advanced Tuner
    You have a lot of throttle angle error. I picked up 27whp on my Whipple Coyote by reducing my TAE to near zero.

Tuner in Training
    So I have the map points working now, definitely a giant improvement everywhere. My issue now is that VCT Schedule Mode is going from working properly to disabled, sometimes right from key on, and consistently after driving and releasing the throttle. I suspect it has to do with the throttle setting or the VCT Map Points or Distance table settings, as always any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BLP; 02-14-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Why do you have 6.00 lb/min unmetered airflow leakage entered into value [ECM] 35184?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Why do you have 6.00 lb/min unmetered airflow leakage entered into value [ECM] 35184?
    that was a holdover from the original Roush file I started with