Thread: FSO Torque Override Disable RPM???

FSO Torque Override Disable RPM???

I'm having trouble with 1st gear blowing past the 1>2 gear 5400rpm shift point JUST when the tires break loose.

All I have enabled is Trans Spark but it doesn't seem to be enough. RPMs are just rising far too fast. All other gears are just fine when traction is lost.
    Its a Super Charged 5.7L 8HP70, so it seemed logical to shut off FSO which is where its at now....but I'm thinking our a next best option to slow down RPM to make the 1-2shift is to pull enough Torque is to enable FSO.

So if that all makes sense, it brings me to "FSO OVERRIDE DISABLE [ECM] 37846 - FSO Override Disable: Below this RPM, FSO override will be disabled"
    What exactly is the "Override" value?

Does that mean IF FSO IS ALREADY DISABLED IN THE TUNE , will FSO OVERRIDE DISABLE only then Enable if RPM is Above 6000rpm?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by duster360; 02-11-2021 at 05:12 PM.

I gave it a test this morning and it seems to be working but I haven't logged it yet.

Shift rpm ~5600
    Engine Rev limit 6500
    Trans limit 6800
    FSO Disabled
    FSO Override Disable 6000

Tuner in Training
    I was under the impression that using any fuel TM on a forced induction was a no no? Have you increased your upshift pressures? you could also increase your TM in that area to take more torque out for that shift? I have my pressures set highshift pressure.png

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pointofview_365 View Post
    I was under the impression that using any fuel TM on a forced induction was a no no? Have you increased your upshift pressures? you could also increase your TM in that area to take more torque out for that shift? I have my pressures set highshift pressure.png
    Once you start making decent power, ign tq management alone just doesn't reduce tq enough.
    You can wind up the TM numbers and the pressure numbers all you like and still have slurry, slow shifts that will eventually burn up the trans.
    On the 1000hp+ boosted setups, fuel cut is a necessity, its faster and the trans will also live a long time.
    The old skool chestnut of TM cutting fuel and hurting the engine is BS....I've never seen it.

Tuner in Training
    You would know better about these things than me... I know OEM does it without issue... I just assumed that was because the OEM stuff is in control of the by-pass valve under these situations... Very interested in this FSO OVERRIDE DISABLE [ECM] 37846... Does it work like the description of the function suggest? On a side note, there are a lot of trucks putting some serious power into these transmissions without issue... Failures are almost unheard of on built 8hp70... Bad tunes are what kills them... 10's, 9's all day with these setups... Very capable...

Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    The old skool chestnut of TM cutting fuel and hurting the engine is BS....I've never seen it.
    That's where my thought was heading too. A dead cylinder with absolutely 0 fuel(and spark I'm pretty sure) can't be capable of too much harm.

Oddly enough the FSO Override fixed 1-2 but seemed to break 2-3.
    I'm thinking to hell with it and Ill just enable FSO across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
    That's where my thought was heading too. A dead cylinder with absolutely 0 fuel(and spark I'm pretty sure) can't be capable of too much harm.

Oddly enough the FSO Override fixed 1-2 but seemed to break 2-3.
    I'm thinking to hell with it and Ill just enable FSO across the board.
    Agree100% with the Fuel Cut off,

Did Enabling FSO across the board work ?
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Tuner
    I had to do this on my trx, did it work on your truck too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty05 View Post
    I had to do this on my trx, did it work on your truck too?
    That truck purple Ram was working on was 2012 with a 441CI w/4.5l Whipple, truck keep smoking 8Hp70 trans, finally they went with a46RH ...it's legit 1200RWHP
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Did it work? I im having a similar issue with 19 challenger. Every gear is fine, but my 1-2 shift blows past my shift point of 5600 rpm at wot, and im stumped
    2019 challenger rt
    k&N cold air intake
    92mm hellcat throttlebody
    ported 392 intake manifold
    ported eagle heads
    Cammotion custom 222/234 cam
    stainless works long tube headers and catless mid pipes
    3' catback with h-pipe & pypes violator mufflers
    e-85 tuned