Thread: 2007.5 Avalanche Trying to burn rubber! HELP!

Potential Tuner

Cool 2007.5 Avalanche Trying to burn rubber! HELP!

Hey guys thanks for reading. Finally able to get HPTuners and I have the perfect first project. I recently purchased a 2007.5 avalanche, had a bad lifter so called my engine builder up and this is whats going on

LC9 5.3L

Rebuilt stock bottom end
    New bearings and rings
    Fresh head job on 243's
    TSP 216/220 .600"/.600" 112 LSA
    Upgraded all ARP bolts
    Rollmaster timing chain
    stock intake/tb (might be upgraded)
    cold air intake
    1-7/8" headers
    true duals
    60# bosch injectors

I am 20 years old, I run my own company so I buy stuff when I'm tired hence why some of you may question and laugh at my setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for opinions and where i should start with the tune.

If the injectors came with injector data make sure all that information is right. You maybe didn't need them unless you plan to run boost later on. The factory injectors depending on flow rate should handle a cammed 5.3 pretty well.

Delete all rear o2 sensor and cat codes from the DTC list. Disabled cat over temp (COT). Disable AFM/DoD in the tune.

Get a wideband o2 sensor for air fuel ratio data logging. AEM makes a OBD2 wideband that plugs into the OBD2 port, makes data logging easy.

Do lots of reading on wideband tuning, MAF and VVE tuning to get things right.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

smokn radials

i built my 07 lc9 243 heads and stage 2 tick cam ect,,, swapped it out to a lq9 408 stroker and much happier now
    hold traction control button for 8 or so seconds to light em up
    408ci stroker SouthernComfort Avy

Tuner in Training
    The absolute best thing you can do for that is a converter and gears. Converter first, those things are total dogs with a cam and stock everything behind it. Recently got a customer to go back in and go to a 3800 stall ptc converter on a very similar set up to yours and he was amazed on how night and day it was. Some gearing would have been the final touch.