Thread: Q50/Q60 Red Sport 400 tuning ready for prime time??

Tuner in Training

Q50/Q60 Red Sport 400 tuning ready for prime time??

Been reading the forum here, and some others externally. I see there was a lot of interaction with @jaydubb71 last year on the platform. However, nothing conclusive on if the MPVI2 has complete access to all parameters to safely, and effectively, tune the RS 400. I have the MPVI2 and an amazing tuner at Unleashed Tuning, so a big proponent of the tool. However, being this new of a car, I want to make sure that:

1: We can pull every bit of performance we can out of the platform
    2: Do it safely and effectively
    3: Mitigate unnecessary risk
    4: My tuner has access to all parameters necessary (been reading that timing adjustments weren't available)
    5: We can help showcase the power, and flexibility, of the MPVI2 vs other tools

I totally understand if I have to go another route, as far as a tool for tuning. I had to do it for my Saab as well. The MPVI2 just couldn't get to all of the parameters that WINOLS could on the 2.8T.

But, before I make that other investment, I want to see if we have full tuning capability here first.

My plans:
    Cat-less downpipe
    Custom Exhaust
    WMI
    Upgraded HE
    RS-R Down Springs
    Some other interior mods and modest exterior mods.

Thanks in advance to all.

Advanced Tuner
    It isn't ready yet and support seems to be dead in the water...
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Tuner in Training
    Damn.. That is really unfortunate. Was hoping to stay with the MPVI2 and be able to showcase a more flexible and less expensive alternative to ECUtek or UpRev, and definitely more tunable than the JB4. However, I do find the JB4 to be pretty appealing for what it is, no doubt.

Any suggestions on which way to lean?

Tuner in Training
    The more people that use the HP tuners platform on Nissan one would think the support will only get better. Have you tried contacting your tuner and getting them to connect the MPVI 2 to see what tuning parameters are available and if it will be suited to your tuning needs? From your mod list these seem like quite basic mode so the functionality may prove to be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 95nBlown View Post
    Been reading the forum here, and some others externally. I see there was a lot of interaction with @jaydubb71 last year on the platform. However, nothing conclusive on if the MPVI2 has complete access to all parameters to safely, and effectively, tune the RS 400. I have the MPVI2 and an amazing tuner at Unleashed Tuning, so a big proponent of the tool. However, being this new of a car, I want to make sure that:

1: We can pull every bit of performance we can out of the platform
    2: Do it safely and effectively
    3: Mitigate unnecessary risk
    4: My tuner has access to all parameters necessary (been reading that timing adjustments weren't available)
    5: We can help showcase the power, and flexibility, of the MPVI2 vs other tools

I totally understand if I have to go another route, as far as a tool for tuning. I had to do it for my Saab as well. The MPVI2 just couldn't get to all of the parameters that WINOLS could on the 2.8T.

But, before I make that other investment, I want to see if we have full tuning capability here first.

My plans:
    Cat-less downpipe
    Custom Exhaust
    WMI
    Upgraded HE
    RS-R Down Springs
    Some other interior mods and modest exterior mods.

Thanks in advance to all.
    The timing adjustments are direct on the VR30. This platform doesn't have the same strategy as everything else. Timing tables are exactly what you would expect and we have all necessary parameters to tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    It isn't ready yet and support seems to be dead in the water...
    Not sure what you mean by this, development has been constantly ongoing and has been ready for a while

VR30_1.PNGVR30_2.PNGVR30_3.PNG

Here's the available parameters you'll have access to along with OS Modifications. We've had many people tune their VR30s so far with no negative feedback. The feedback we have gotten was just the desire for additional features such as flex fuel/launch control/etc.

Tuner in Training
    <pulling hair out>

@even.s@hptuners
    WHERE WERE YOU 6 DAYS AGO?

Just kidding. I know you can't be on the forums 24/7.

I literally just purchased an ECUtek yesterday afternoon as I saw no activity here or push back. There has been very little activity on this platform front, that I have seen in different forums, including here, since about 3/4 of the way through last year.

This is the build I'm installing here in the next week:

RS-R Down Springs
    Megan Racing Lower Downpipes
    Custom 2.5" exhaust
    AEM Water/Meth Boost controlled
    Twin Devil's Own DO5's
    Fuel It! 2.5" ID Billet Charge Pipe Coupler with Two 1/8" NPT / Meth Bungs
    Burger Motorsports Heat Exchanger

Now I'm not sure what to do, lol. The ECUTek is suppose to show up today or tomorrow. lol

Have you resolved the whole fan running and everything having to be completely off challenge? I tried to read last week and couldn't read it. I sent this to support:

I started with just updating the beta. I was able to run the update to the interface at that time as well.

I continue to get this message:

image (3).png

I've uninstalled and reinstalled as well.

image (4).png

Chad's response was:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Support. Please ensure you have all systems turned off. If you have aftermarket electronics installed I would disconnect them and ensure the headlights are turned off and all door are shut when you try to read the vehicle.

I'm bone stock right now..
    Last edited by 95nBlown; 02-18-2021 at 12:28 PM.

<pulling hair out>

@even.s@hptuners
    WHERE WERE YOU 6 DAYS AGO?

Just kidding. I know you can't be on the forums 24/7.

I literally just purchased an ECUtek yesterday afternoon as I saw no activity here or push back. There has been very little activity on this platform front, that I have seen in different forums, including here, since about 3/4 of the way through last year.

This is the build I'm installing here in the next week:

RS-R Down Springs
    Megan Racing Lower Downpipes
    Custom 2.5" exhaust
    AEM Water/Meth Boost controlled
    Twin Devil's Own DO5's
    Fuel It! 2.5" ID Billet Charge Pipe Coupler with Two 1/8" NPT / Meth Bungs
    Burger Motorsports Heat Exchanger

Now I'm not sure what to do, lol. The ECUTek is suppose to show up today or tomorrow. lol

Have you resolved the whole fan running and everything having to be completely off challenge? I tried to read last week and couldn't read it. I sent this to support:

I started with just updating the beta. I was able to run the update to the interface at that time as well.

I continue to get this message:

image (3).png

I've uninstalled and reinstalled as well.

image (4).png

Chad's response was:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Support. Please ensure you have all systems turned off. If you have aftermarket electronics installed I would disconnect them and ensure the headlights are turned off and all door are shut when you try to read the vehicle.

I'm bone stock right now..
    The fans running is just something you have to live with, it's unfortunate but it's a part of the read/write process. You can pull the fuse to the fans if it really annoys you, or connect a battery charger for the read. The write process is fast enough to where it shouldn't matter.

That error 99.9% of the time is because something is drawing battery power, whether you know it or not. You can send a debug.dat file and have Chad send to me to confirm, but I'm pretty certain that's what's going on. Check your radio is off, no A/C or heater on, no headlights, absolutely nothing. For whatever reason these controllers don't want anything drawing any sort of battery power when you go to init the controller (although once a read has actually started you can crank the car and turn that heater on full blast lol)

I try to check in the forums every few days or so, but i'm definitely not on every day. The forum isn't really for support, just for knowledge base sharing. Unfortunately you were given incorrect information which i wasn't able to reply to fast enough.

Tuner in Training
    Evan
    Thanks for the info. I was able to pull my base file a little while ago, haven't had a chance until today. I have sent it to Torrie, Unleashed Tuning, and he is reviewing. I sent him the information you sent me as well.

Based on the work you all have done with the 3.0T platform, do you have a "base config" for the VCM Scanner that I can pop in vs scanning and then digging for parameters?

Evan
    Thanks for the info. I was able to pull my base file a little while ago, haven't had a chance until today. I have sent it to Torrie, Unleashed Tuning, and he is reviewing. I sent him the information you sent me as well.

Based on the work you all have done with the 3.0T platform, do you have a "base config" for the VCM Scanner that I can pop in vs scanning and then digging for parameters?
    All of our testing was done externally by other tuners, and I don't have any of their config files. Sorry.

Advanced Tuner
    Whats up folks. Unortunately, My Q50 was totalled October 18th by a HUGE ROCK that was left on the road in Baltimore MD. Probably by some kids playing a prank. I will be purchasing another one this some. Bummer, yes...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Advanced Tuner
    Evan

Whats up @95nBlown. Inbox me and I will send you my config files. I had a pretty decent setup, based on the factory OS. As far as flashing, pulling the fan relay on the driver side under the hood will kill the fans while reading and flashing.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Potential Tuner

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this, development has been constantly ongoing and has been ready for a while
    If this is true, why have I been waiting for 5 weeks for engineering to crack my ecu?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQ View Post
    If this is true, why have I been waiting for 5 weeks for engineering to crack my ecu?
    There's nothing to be "cracked" it's all the same and has been cracked when it was released. Sounds like you're just waiting on a definition for your file, what's your ticket number?

Potential Tuner
    Hi there, i need a little bit of help on my infiniti q50 vq37 2015 Hitachi ECU. Im trying to decat it for a while. Ive done all the dtcs and i cannot disable cats monitoring at all. Also with p2096 p2097 p2098 p2099 off car is still throwing these faults anyway. Any help would be appreciated.

Adrian.

do you have a good stock file i can try running??

Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    VR30_1.PNGVR30_2.PNGVR30_3.PNG

Here's the available parameters you'll have access to along with OS Modifications. We've had many people tune their VR30s so far with no negative feedback. The feedback we have gotten was just the desire for additional features such as flex fuel/launch control/etc.
    Not all of us have VR30s in our Nissans. Is there any "ongoing development" for the VK56? Because as it stands now, you CANNOT alter the timing regardless of any changes made to the timing tables. The Bullydog programmer I bought for my Titan several years ago can adjust the base timing in real time plus alter the timing maps. I've logged the spark advance with the stock tune and with BD's premium fuel tune under almost identical conditions and their tune has definitely made timing adjustments, so I know it's possible.