Thread: Gear and tire wizard, unable to locate.

Potential Tuner

Gear and tire wizard, unable to locate.

Forgive me if this has been covered I haven't been able to find anything in searches. Working on a customers 2004 Mustang GT that I just installed 3.73 gears in and I cannot find the gear and tire wizard. I did input the change in the speedometer section in the editor and even changed to correct the revolutions per mile but the speedometer is 9mph high compared to GPS readings. I looked in the scanner based on a video I saw and there is nothing when I hit the button that brought it up on the video. Thanks for any help.

Senior Tuner
    should be in the editor, top left under "edit" in the dropdown menu

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    should be in the editor, top left under "edit" in the dropdown menu
    The only options in my edit drop down menu is Calibration details, remote tuning, view change/history logs, user defined parameters, Template applicator, Navigator and View

Senior Tuner
    might have to just enter it manually, or msg support with the details see if its possible to add

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    might have to just enter it manually, or msg support with the details see if its possible to add
    I did enter the gear ratio and correct tire rev/mile data. I saw someone mention a calculate button that would populate the changes in other data but there is no such button. I've emailed support with a picture of my edit drop down menu that shows no choice for gear and tire wizard.

Tuner
    did you, by chance, take your editor out of "advanced" mode?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsgarage View Post
    did you, by chance, take your editor out of "advanced" mode?
    I tried it both ways

Potential Tuner
    Follow up...I emailed tech support which of course sent me here, explained that I came here first and what I was not finding and they finally told me that this vehicle does not have Gear & tire wizard so that explains why I could not find it. Other than that no help at all....

Finally figured it out so I'll post it in case anyone else searches for this since nobody could tell me...though I appreciate very much those that chimed in!. Under the speedo tab there is a Hardware listing and you must have "Use VID" Disabled otherwise it pulls from the factory info stored in the PCM and will not use your values uploaded into the tune file. Once that was disabled I was able to correct the speedometer.