Thread: leaner settings for start, idle, cruising 5.7 Jeep

Tuner

leaner settings for start, idle, cruising 5.7 Jeep

I am wanting to get the motor to run bit leaner at startup, idle and light cruising, since it seems quite thirsty particularly at startup and idle.

With my limited knowledge, it seems by slightly reducing the numbers in the VE table up to 800rmp could work.
    What about reducing the injector PW for startup at the same time, or should I not touch any injector settings?
    Timing has already been advanced with 2.

Below are the VE table and Inj PW table.

Any feedback appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Jeep GC 5.7 Eagle Head motor, 2" OME lift, cats removed, full MDS delete

Tuner
    correction, 2 degree timing was added to WOT. Part throttle table was not changed. To reduce fuel use at startup and idle, would it be better to add or reduce some timing?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Any new updates on this question? Im very interested in the solution to this.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by skala308 View Post
    I am wanting to get the motor to run bit leaner at startup, idle and light cruising, since it seems quite thirsty particularly at startup and idle.
    Are you running open loop full time? If not you will be stuck in closed loop under most driving conditions and the ECU will target Stoichiometry (lambda 1.0) at all times unless power enrichment is triggered.

Tuner
    HaasExp, running closed loop, trying to cut the STFT corrections on the scanner to +- 3% by adjusting VE table and PT Spark.
    My thinking is that will give good power at efficient fuel consumption and also not generate knock and extra heat.

Spark WOT tables sorted correctly using WB (not my own but prof tuner who knows the ticks).

Thanks for comments