Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E38 VATS disable not working

Senior Tuner
    Don't forget to Disable the Starter diag under the System tab. I checked your tunes above.
    It was not disabled. See the pic below. You are welcome to email me your latest file.

HP Tuners Start Relay Table.jpg

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    Is the version of the editor you're using now the same as what you were using back when you had done it without issues before? I 2nd it sounding like a bug in the editor.
    I?m definitely using a newer version of the software now, but I don?t know to go back to an older one unless someone has a copy they?d like to email over.

I put in for a support ticket, but it?s been over a week.

Tuner
    I did go back an make sure the Starter Diag was disabled and did another write entire. Still no go.

Tuner
    Support is of no help so far.

Doesn't work in any combination of factors if I Write Entire or Write VIN/Tunerlock/VATS or Write Calibration. Doesn't matter if I flip one switch or all of them. Doesn't matter if I save it first and reopen it. Doesn't matter if I don't save the file at all before flashing it.

The only way I can get an ECM to disable VATS is if I write entire with an entirely different ECM's tune that I know for a fact has VATS disabled. But I've bricked two or three ECMs this way now, and it basically forces me to start from scratch if I've done any calibration work prior.
    Is there something I'm missing here? Why won't these Gen IV ECMs turn off the VATS? It's literally the only part of the ECMs I can't get to take..

Senior Tuner
    If you want to ship me the ECM I will look at it for just the cost of return shipping.

Tuner
    What version are you running?

2 year old thread...