Thread: Using an Auto Trans tune for a 6 speed manual and just disable all trans tables?

Tuner

Using an Auto Trans tune for a 6 speed manual and just disable all trans tables?

Is it ok to run a tune from an automatic transmission tune file and disable the automatic transmission tables?

If so what all would I need to disable in order to function?

I am running a T56 Magnum , but need to convert to a flex fuel sensor enabled operating system in which there are not tune files that have a manual that I can find.
    Torque_Vector
    408ci stroker LS3 1998 BMW 323is - 490RWHP 466RWT in 100 degree weather
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Torque_Vector View Post
    Is it ok to run a tune from an automatic transmission tune file and disable the automatic transmission tables?

If so what all would I need to disable in order to function?

I am running a T56 Magnum , but need to convert to a flex fuel sensor enabled operating system in which there are not tune files that have a manual that I can find.
    Yes. You can use the 12216125 OS for flex fuel and simply disable all of the auto transmission DTC's.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Yes. You can use the 12216125 OS for flex fuel and simply disable all of the auto transmission DTC's.
    Would like to hear a little more about that. Have a pre runner with a full manual 4L80E. All electronics have been disabled. Been fighting idle issues and a butt load of other issues due to no data from the trans. What are you doing to disable the transmission? The more specific the better. Thanks in advance.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Would like to hear a little more about that. Have a pre runner with a full manual 4L80E. All electronics have been disabled. Been fighting idle issues and a butt load of other issues due to no data from the trans. What are you doing to disable the transmission? The more specific the better. Thanks in advance.
    Been sure to disable all DTC's associated with the transmission and disable the abuse mode under the engine TM tab.

If you'll post or email me your calibration file and a datalog, I'll be glad to give you more specific detail about your application.

Tuner
    Thanks for the info. Here the tune file I was looking at using which has flex fuel enabled. See what you think you would disable to make the M6 speed work:

HPT - P01 2018 Colorado DBC 2bar flex decapped 80e 500whp base.hpt
    Torque_Vector
    408ci stroker LS3 1998 BMW 323is - 490RWHP 466RWT in 100 degree weather
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

Senior Tuner
    There are a few things that need to be addressed on that one.

Disable the transmission and torque converter DTC's.
    Change P0101, 102, and 103 to MIL on First Error.
    Turn on the DTC's for the flex fuel sensor.

The VE table is populated with some very low numbers. Typical numbers would be 2X the values that are in your table.

Here's a stock flex fuel file for reference.

2002gmcyukon53LFlexfuelstock.hpt

Potential Tuner
    When you replace auto trans with manual what do you do for the starter enable do you have to add a clutch position sensor?