Thread: Boss 302 Ethanol% Reading High

Tuner in Training

Boss 302 Ethanol% Reading High

Trying to tune flex fuel on a bone stock 2013 Boss 302. Loaded the FF tables from an F150 and it is reading 29% ethanol with only 91 in the tank after driving around for 30 mins. I have tried reflashing the car and resetting the KAM. Is there anything that can cause an incorrect high ethanol reading or that needs to be adjusted for FF?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Trying to tune flex fuel on a bone stock 2013 Boss 302. Loaded the FF tables from an F150 and it is reading 29% ethanol with only 91 in the tank after driving around for 30 mins. I have tried reflashing the car and resetting the KAM. Is there anything that can cause an incorrect high ethanol reading or that needs to be adjusted for FF?
    post the tune so someone or myself can look it over. You might have accidentally missed a table to allows it to properly infer stoich.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Advanced Tuner
    I've attached my tune and the F150 I'm using for the FF values.

Attachment 107368
    Attachment 107369

2013 Boss 302 Silver Key_Flex Fuel_02_F150 FF Tables.hpt

make sure to copy the f150 values into the open loop tables as well. I changed your stoich and your infer time under the flex fuel table see if that helps. keep in mind mustang stoich is always going to be 14.08 from the factory no matter what. only the f-150 has a flex fuel stoich of 14.64 or 7 for whatever reason.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for your help, aaronson! I made the adjustments and the car is now reading ~ 10% on the same tank (reasonable for pump gas). I'll try putting in some e85 and see how it adjusts.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you for your help, aaronson! I made the adjustments and the car is now reading ~ 10% on the same tank (reasonable for pump gas). I'll try putting in some e85 and see how it adjusts.
    no problem glad that helped

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    no problem glad that helped
    Put a couple gallons of E85 in the tank and everything adjusted after driving it around for 10 mins. Need to check the accuracy of the read out but it runs good. Thanks again!

Advanced Tuner
    Put a couple gallons of E85 in the tank and everything adjusted after driving it around for 10 mins. Need to check the accuracy of the read out but it runs good. Thanks again!
    The inferred reading from the sensors is pretty accurate actually. Never a bad idea to spend $15 on a tester anyways. I occasionally test the e85 where I?m at. Usually never below 83% in my area

Tuner in Training
    The inferred reading from the sensors is pretty accurate actually. Never a bad idea to spend $15 on a tester anyways. I occasionally test the e85 where I?m at. Usually never below 83% in my area
    Good to know the sensors are reasonably accurate. I did a rough calculation for the amount I put in (assuming it was full e85) and it came out to within 3% percent of what the car is reading. I've never used the e85 in my area before so I'm going to test just to be safe. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.

Tuner in Training
    Just filled up a couple gallons and tested the e85 (84%). Took 5 mins for car to update and it was within 3% of what I calculated. Surprised how fast/accurate this system is. Thanks again, aaronson!

Advanced Tuner
    Just filled up a couple gallons and tested the e85 (84%). Took 5 mins for car to update and it was within 3% of what I calculated. Surprised how fast/accurate this system is. Thanks again, aaronson!
    youre welcome