Thread: Looking for some help with my tune

Potential Tuner

Looking for some help with my tune

Hello everyone,
    New to the forum, and new to HPTuners. I recently purchased so I could make adjustments on my truck as necessary, and communicate tunes back & forth with my tuner.
    I currently have a tune on my truck that was done by my tuner, But I'm experiencing some issues during low speed operation that we just cant seem to "fix"
    I have a 2014 Silverado 5.3 4x4 crewcab with the following;
    TSP stage 3 cam: 222/230, .635"/.635", 112LSA, 107ICL +10% fuel lobe
    AFM delete
    6.2L intake manifold & throttle body
    1-7/8" longtube headers with cats & catback 3" exhaust
    K&N cai
    3200-3400 stall Circle D converter
    Mishimoto trans cooler & thermal valve bypass delete
    The truck makes good power, dyno'd at 394hp/401tq on 93 using a DynoJet. It runs fantastic at speed & idles great. My issue is slow speed maneuvers, pulling into a parking spot/reversing from a parking spot. I.e. if I back out of my driveway and only give it a little throttle, when I let off, the truck stalls. When putting into drive, if i throttle up to get moving & immediately let off, it stalls. It also seems to have a bit of "cam push through" while in drive sitting at a redlight. I thought with this stall converter I wouldnt have that issue.
    Just looking for a little help on this, I've included the tune file.
    Thanks! - Charlie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    hey, go out in the driveway, and follow instructions with ECM scanner hooked up.

load this channel list 1.Channels.xml

with channel list loaded, start recording before starting truck. once scanner is recording, start truck. let truck idle until temperature is 170+, once there, put truck in reverse, move down drive way, apply the break, switch to neutral, then drive, allow shift change to occur, then apply throttle as you were pulling away from lights, or which ever scenario creates the bucking. once youve done that,park truck, stop recording, and then turn truck off.

also, load your stock tune, and i can check over your torque tables to ensure some values have correctly been changed.

edit - right off the batt - your truck is in MAF only, i dont recommend that on the Gen V platform. im going to assume that the VVE pressure ratio table isnt tuned properly if thats the case. if this is, this is your problem. i have lots of recommendations to make changes, but cant without your application key. wont let me save changes. send an email if your interested. i can get your truck driving much better..

[email protected]
    Last edited by mcneilb; 02-17-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I have the exact same issue with my truck stage 4 tsp cam and a 3400 tipple disk converter