Thread: Throttle postion% and tranny shift tables

Throttle postion% and tranny shift tables

I have an H3, auto, ETC. Does the tranny tables that use throttle position (shift speed, TC lockup, etc.) use the commanded throttle postion or actual position. My actual throttle position doesn't go below 12-13 during idle. If 12-13% is the minimum then the 0%, 6%, and somewhat 12% columns don't come into play.

It looks like it is the commanded TPS not the actual position. I verifed this by tweaking the TC lockup table.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyHighPerformance
    It looks like it is the commanded TPS not the actual position. I verifed this by tweaking the TC lockup table.

Correct. The actual has to include idle and other values for the ETC.

if you figure this out ! please let me know !

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyHighPerformance
    I have an H3, auto, ETC. Does the tranny tables that use throttle position (shift speed, TC lockup, etc.) use the commanded throttle postion or actual position. My actual throttle position doesn't go below 12-13 during idle. If 12-13% is the minimum then the 0%, 6%, and somewhat 12% columns don't come into play.
    2006 pontiac solstice aftermarket turbo - my thottle is @ 12% when idling too --- @3000rpm LEAN.... - driving it is like running out of gas --- actually not driving till i figure it out
    any experience with what adjustments for the Throttle ??? HELP !!

i have thrown : map circuit high ( thinking thats boost ) code , THROTTLE POSITION SWITCH code and LEAN codes.......
    the throttle switch and lean are mysteries -
    thanks
    pam

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    vacuum leaks possibly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Start the car and spray some TB cleaner around the connections you can get too. If the idle jumps=vac leak, or intake leak, depending where it is...