Thread: blown 3v tunes

blown 3v tunes

so i am wondering there is any willing to share there tunes looking for 3v tunes on boost

so the back story goes here is a have been tuning my own car with a eforce supercharger on it and pretty much learning to tune 3v with it.

it has run good strong lots of power way back in the day it was on a dyno with the edelbrock tune and put out a wimpy 331rwhp on 5-6psi dissapointed i started tuning it my self. i thrwe a pulley on it a cold air/bigger maf and played around wit it. i hit another dyno recently and it put down 435rwhp at 8-9 psi....... seems great till u find out igt had 100 octane ice water in the heat exchanger it did 410rwhp i went up to 23.5 timing it did 435rwhp and 420lb ...... i have seen brenspeed cars with same mods putting down 500+ rwhp on pump gas

so i wanna poke around in other tunes and just kinda see if i am in the right direction i feel like maybe cam timing could be an issue but i am not sure there are only a few tuen sin the repository so looking to see if some one wants to share
    Last edited by hotrod1122; 02-17-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Never been on the dyno, and it isn't optimized for power, very conservative but it drives like stock out of boost 99% of the time, no reliability hiccups, commutes daily. Ported FRPP Whipple on stock 3v.3v whipple.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I have the 2010 Roush 540RH file on my shop computer. I will post it when I can get to it. We are snowed in at the moment.

We are shut down here in south Texas also we ain?t used to this cold weather lol thanks

Mine drives very well out of boost also it gets 23-24mpg on the highway also

Advanced Tuner
    I'd be interested in seeing yours too @hotrod1122
    Always something to learn, or to tweak. I haven't been in my tune for a long time... there must be room for improvement

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod1122 View Post
    so i am wondering there is any willing to share there tunes looking for 3v tunes on boost

so the back story goes here is a have been tuning my own car with a eforce supercharger on it and pretty much learning to tune 3v with it.

it has run good strong lots of power way back in the day it was on a dyno with the edelbrock tune and put out a wimpy 331rwhp on 5-6psi dissapointed i started tuning it my self. i thrwe a pulley on it a cold air/bigger maf and played around wit it. i hit another dyno recently and it put down 435rwhp at 8-9 psi....... seems great till u find out igt had 100 octane ice water in the heat exchanger it did 410rwhp i went up to 23.5 timing it did 435rwhp and 420lb ...... i have seen brenspeed cars with same mods putting down 500+ rwhp on pump gas

so i wanna poke around in other tunes and just kinda see if i am in the right direction i feel like maybe cam timing could be an issue but i am not sure there are only a few tuen sin the repository so looking to see if some one wants to share
    2006 Roush with similar mods than this:

https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-5...gs-M90-with-X4

Tune and log attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing yours too @hotrod1122
    Always something to learn, or to tweak. I haven't been in my tune for a long time... there must be room for improvement
    this the tune i have been rolling around with for a while unitill dyno day when i added timing and shut off knock sensors

2008 E-force with 9lbs 102mm MAF 47lb inj return style fuel 65psi fuel pressure other then that stock even exhaust
    Eforce 4in maf 9lbs 65psi 47lb timing.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    2006 Roush with similar mods than this:

https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-5...gs-M90-with-X4

Tune and log attached.
    am i seeing things or is tht thing really putting alost 30 degree at wot ????

12s pass.hpl this is a log from car before it went to returnless fuel and bigger inejctors it was a little dissapointing and intake temps have been a huge battle for me also

these were the 2 dyno runs the 410 was first then i added 1.5 degrees and made 435 the 435 pull did some weird stuff it kinda bogged down when the converter was trying to lock up these pulls were done with 100 maybe a bit more octane and ice in 2 gallon tank had melted a bit but still way cooler then ambient

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod1122 View Post
    am i seeing things or is that thing really putting almost 30 degree at wot ????
    the compression is 9.8:1 so that sounds about right maybe a little high but if you have the octane for it its fine.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

On pump gas I can?t get my car to go over 20 degrees before the knock
    Sensors kick in

Advanced Tuner
    Part of that may be the way your timing table is setup. Look at your MBT spark, everything starts to increase after 1.0 load.

What do these 3v usually like timing wise on boost of corse even the original Edelbrock tune was setup to do 17 degrees if I recall correctly

Advanced Tuner
    It varies with boost level, less timing before and at peak torque then ramp it in will help you top end some. The stock rods are weak so you don't want a lot of timing in a high load low RPM area. Remember, timing is just a number. Flame front propagates more quickly under boost so you need less lead to make power. Best thing you can do is read your plugs and adjust accordingly. Work your way up from a low number until you have the timing mark centered on the strap. Trusting someone else's timing numbers who lives at a different location from you and has a different combo is no good.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is the Roush 540RH tune from a 2010. This is not the normal Roush 3V setup. These came with a TVS blower and built motors from Roush. Haven't compared to other Roush 3V files, but these cars usually make around 600 @ flywheel.