Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ngauge Question

Tuner in Training

Angry Ngauge Question

Bought a 2015 Mustang used about a month ago. It's a very clean car but need help with this darn Ngauge. I have watched countless YouTube videos and cannot for the life of me figure out how to pull the current tune thats in the car into the HP Tuners software on my laptop. If I purchase a Lund tune do I need the factory parameters? They are long gone with the original owner, or can I just load a new tune on top of what already there? I pulled the SD card and there is not a single file on it except some sample tune files.

at SD card look for stock file and file with vin number will be the stock file
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by small tuner View Post
    at SD card look for stock file and file with vin number will be the stock file
    Ya. There's literally nothing on it.

Advanced Tuner
    N gauge went bankrupt.

Regardless that ngauge went bankrupt it will still do the job at hand. Since you have no stock file you have to have the car put back to stock at the dealer and then have a new tune provided by a tuner to flash to the car. The tuner needs the original strategy to build your tune onto so it stays with your car. You will have to talk to lund directly to see if they will use an N guage not purchased from them. Is there something wrong with how it is tuned now or are you looking to do upgrades. As for pulling the current tune, it will be locked most likely by the previous person that tuned the car. Maybe try to find the original owner.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Regardless that ngauge went bankrupt it will still do the job at hand. Since you have no stock file you have to have the car put back to stock at the dealer and then have a new tune provided by a tuner to flash to the car. The tuner needs the original strategy to build your tune onto so it stays with your car. You will have to talk to lund directly to see if they will use an N guage not purchased from them. Is there something wrong with how it is tuned now or are you looking to do upgrades. As for pulling the current tune, it will be locked most likely by the previous person that tuned the car. Maybe try to find the original owner.
    Thanks for the response. The current tune is fine except I am having 3rd gear issues and I just ordered a new PBH trans so I want to start from scratch with everything to know what I have. So even if I ordered a new device, the new device still needs to read the stock file prior to replacing the tune with the new one?

Tuner
    Correct me if I am wrong but could he not find a strategy from a stock 2015, license it and load it via mpvi then read the tune with the ngauge. Its licensed to his vin then he can send that strategy to Lund(whomever) for a tune.

Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but could he not find a strategy from a stock 2015, license it and load it via mpvi then read the tune with the ngauge. Its licensed to his vin then he can send that strategy to Lund(whomever) for a tune.

Problem being is he would pay for 2 credits that were locked to his car and computer and then would have to buy more credits from the tuner as they will only give you a locked file they created with their own credits. hope that makes sense. Best to get a ford dealer to flash the originally strategy , takes about 30 minutes on a newer car and then he has it as backup forever.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Problem being is he would pay for 2 credits that were locked to his car and computer and then would have to buy more credits from the tuner as they will only give you a locked file they created with their own credits. hope that makes sense. Best to get a ford dealer to flash the originally strategy , takes about 30 minutes on a newer car and then he has it as backup forever.
    I found a file that has my VIN but has a file name of .stk. Is this the stock file? The date says 2012 which is odd. My assumption would be that I need to send that to whoever is tuning the car for a license? I need to obtain my own tune since I've got no clue what it has in it.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas514 View Post
    I found a file that has my VIN but has a file name of .stk. Is this the stock file? The date says 2012 which is odd. My assumption would be that I need to send that to whoever is tuning the car for a license? I need to obtain my own tune since I've got no clue what it has in it.

Hmmm 2012 read on a 2015 strategy. Something doesnt sound legit there. You definitely wanna stick with a strategy from your year. Sounds like a strategy from 2012 licensed to your 2015. Makes 0 sense. Might be worth rbly advice and get your correct strategy from Ford. Whats done to the car? Will the car even drive with stock strategy?

Tuner
    1FA6P8CF0H5246765 my stock file.hpt

heres my stock 2017 auto read. hope it helps

Tuner
    I am looking for a 2015 stock read

Tuner in Training
    Hmmm 2012 read on a 2015 strategy. Something doesnt sound legit there. You definitely wanna stick with a strategy from your year. Sounds like a strategy from 2012 licensed to your 2015. Makes 0 sense. Might be worth rbly advice and get your correct strategy from Ford. Whats done to the car? Will the car even drive with stock strategy?
    I don't think I'd risk driving with the stock strategy. It's got a D1X Procharger on E85 but I've got a trailer, so I will be fine. This entire thing has been frustrating, the dude I bought the car from disappeared. Sounds like my best bet would be to have Ford put it back to stock and go from there. The car runs great and I'm sure the tune is fine, I just need to check the trans tune because it's shifting weird. None of the big tuners near Orlando want to even screw with it. I'm not a tire kicker either. Lol.

Tuner in Training
    I am looking for a 2015 stock read
    Thank you

Tuner
    2015 mustang E85 1 60% (1).hpt

this is the best I can do E85 read from 2015. shit sandwich bro. tell me again the mods to your car? TVS?

Tuner
    2015 Ford Mustang GT Supercharger Lund tune.hpt

ok just read your reply. its a 15 tvs but boosted strategy. should be very close. will continue to look. cheers

Tuner
    you can load an open tune and message it as an option to buying a tune. we all have been doing this. thats tuning. dont know your setup but load a tune be easy and datalog and zero in on your tune

Advanced Tuner
    I don't think anyone really understands the trannies. Use Ford's data and just lower the adaptives.

In other words command it to shift faster and let fords software figure it out. I do this and have no flare or hang.

My comment about Nguage out of business is there is no support. Have a problem and crickets.

Lund AFAIK uses his own OS and does not need an original OS. This is a double edged sword.
    Last edited by K44; 02-18-2021 at 10:58 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you all VERY much!

Advanced Tuner
    Looking at that supposed Lund tune, in the VCT mapped points tables he is commanding mapped point 10 and has that point disabled. Also has the snap to point for 10 disabled.
    Looking at the IMRC config table running the intake cam at -20 doesn't make sense to me on a boosted car.

Is this a N/A tune? cause the OP cam timing looks off also.

Asking a serious question.

Comparing with a wipple tune it looks backwards.

What am I missing
    Last edited by K44; 02-19-2021 at 09:25 PM.