Thread: E38 2 bar tuning

Tuner

E38 2 bar tuning

Just wondering if someone would be able to help me out in getting an OS change for my e38 ECM. or is it not necessary? The generic help button for HP Tuners dose not seem to work. I do not have the options on my OS tab. Editing my VVE table was straight forward. but my spark tables only go to 1.36G. how are people controlling their spark over 1.36G? i have read that scaling the tune is an option but acracy Diminishes on the spark tuning. Turbo 5.3 would like to run around 12# this summer. Also only have access to 91 sometimes 93. have not been able to drive it yet due to snow, currently just trying to get the tune set up for a drive. this is the tune with the things i have changed to get it to start an run fairly well.
    any help will be appreciated,
    Thanks
    Single cab booost 1.01.hpt
    2011 SCSB Boosted/Forged 5.3

Senior Tuner
    click on your spark arimass axis left hand side and it will pop up with a table for u to adjust the range, only the early e38 were limited to the 1.36g

Tuner
    it seems as I don't have an option to adjust the range as i do like the VVE table. i am able to edit the points that are there but not able to edit to extend the table? if i highlight the entire range i can scale it but then i would need to scale the entire tune?
    2011 SCSB Boosted/Forged 5.3

Following. I just went into my 2011 and can only edit the labels, not extend/add cells. Planning for 8-12 psi on a 6.2.
    Hawk

Tuner
    Hope someone can help out. I sent a message to hptuners an got told to ask here for a 2 bar OS witch from what I?m reading can?t be done. Is the only way to make this work is to use the afr table to pull timing?

I was able to adjust it just fine out to 1.6g. You can't add cells, you are just changing the values. I made everything over 1.00 further apart.

2021-02-18.png

Also careful with your transmission settings, no TM will not make for a happy 6L80e. If you add more power it's not going to help it live.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 02-18-2021 at 05:49 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I understand now. We can't maintain the same resolution above whatever point we start modifying labels.

Right. You could probably get away with have the .80-1.00 section only be 3 lines and have more resolution above 1.00 because you are going to blow past .80g in a heart beat.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Makes sense! I did notice could change it like that but was but was not sure if the tune had to be scaled while doing that. Thanks.

I will for sure add the TM back in it.