Thread: Lesson lear

Tuner in Training

Lesson lear

Today i smashed my transmission in the dumbest way possible and i am sharing this with all of you so hopefully no one does the same mistake i did.
    For the past month or so i was tweaking the Torque values in the car, a long series of trial and error and for the most part i had no incidents but today was different, in the Torque Monitoring section you have to tables one is Torque Delta and the other is the torque factor, in the Torque Delta table i did some small changes to get the car to idle smoothly specially if you have a big cam installation this table can smooth it out and its very simple the higher the number is the lower your idle speed gets even if you set your Min Idle for example 700 the Torque Delta table can make the idle lower than what you set so basically its an amazing tool, but an aggressive tool like once i zeroed out the whole table to see what would happen.
    As soon as the car started the throttle opened completely without me touching the pedal, so knowing this in had a genius moment
    ( stupid moment ) i Zeroed out the last cells only and kept the rest the same thing that would keep the throttle open at WOT and now closing it near the Rev Limit which is what it does so driving me crazy, now after downloading the Tune File i started the car everything seemed ok inwas parked underground and as soon as i reache the Ramp suddenly the throttle opened completely spinning the wheels heddi g towards the gate thabk God i had good reflexes i smashed the break pedal and pulling the hand break as hard k i could God iDamn its like finghtinf a wild animal,. I immediately shut the car down reversed what i did then downloaded the file but sadly not sure exactly what happened but but the transmission got crushed if you choose R or D Or N or what ever the car only moves forward, it doesn?t engage any thing else and its just messed up !! So for all you guys out there so you wouldn?t do what. Did which could have resulted in a horrible was so again be safe and Be safe.

Mohammad
    Last edited by Leg_Twitch_7.0L; 02-18-2021 at 07:38 AM.