Thread: Gen1 Coyote Engine Speed Limit issue

Gen1 Coyote Engine Speed Limit issue

Currently tuning a Coyote swapped fox with 6r80 and 7675 Precision turbo. I have changed all the rpm limits but for some reason on the dyno in 4th gear at 7000 rpm I am hitting a hard limit and its Engine Speed limit. I am scratching my head because I have never had this issue and I cannot find what is doing it. Can someone help point me in the right direction? This tune isn't finished btw, and I have some weird shifting parameters so I can hold it in 4th on the dyno. Here is the tune and the log

rev 5 trying to fix engine speed limit.hpt
    trying to fix engine speed limit.hpl

4th is 1to1 ratio correct?
    Check EOT rpm limit, Output shaft rpm limit, and I forget where i saw a vehicle speed limit of 145 mph.

4th is 1.14 to 1.. There is no 1 to 1 on the 6r80 trans. The speed where it does it is around 120

Check the EOT rpm limit. Factory setting is 6850.
    Factory Driveshaft rpm limit is set to 7100 IIRC.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by konabluekiller View Post
    4th is 1.14 to 1.. There is no 1 to 1 on the 6r80 trans. The speed where it does it is around 120
    what control pack a you using? or was it a take out motor and trans.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Power by the Hour harness which is essentially a take out

Did Those

Advanced Tuner
    You have 3.73 gears and a 26" tire? You can lock in gear via Trans>General>Test Values
    Last edited by txcharlie; 02-21-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    If you can't find the limit it is likely undefined in the editor. I know there's an 'EOT vs ACT table - ECM44517' that is sometimes (rarely) set to 7000rpm across the table. I'm thinking that could be your limit. Contact support and ask them about this. Eric Brooks @ HPT found it for another user with an Edelbrock tune if I remember right..
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results