Thread: Flex fuel on 02 escalade

Tuner in Training

Flex fuel on 02 escalade

Is there a writeup or sticky ? Or could someone walk me through how to add flex fuel to a 02 escalade 6.0 ? I need the 02 tahoe flex file and the sensor I got that part what else ? How do I wire the flex sensor in ? Po1 ecu , how do I change the Vin on the new tahoe flex file ? What else am I missing ? Thanks alot !!
    2002 Escalade LQ9 11:1, forged wiseco pistons , 220/[email protected] cam , Tbss Intake , 50Lb FIC injectors , ported and milled 317s , FBO, true duals 3", PTC built 4l65e and 2800stall with billet front , Half ass tuned by myself ...Trying to learn how to do it right ✅️

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RawrMotorsports View Post
    Is there a writeup or sticky ? Or could someone walk me through how to add flex fuel to a 02 escalade 6.0 ? I need the 02 tahoe flex file and the sensor I got that part what else ? How do I wire the flex sensor in ? Po1 ecu , how do I change the Vin on the new tahoe flex file ? What else am I missing ? Thanks alot !!
    You will have to segment swap the flex fuel file into your file. Just swap the engine and engine diag segments.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks that makes more sense .. can anyone help with what pins the sensor needs to be wired into the po1 ecu ? I can repin just need to know what # pins and also what pins are usable ECU grounds I need to wire my wideband o2 into ecu ground while I'm at it thanks
    2002 Escalade LQ9 11:1, forged wiseco pistons , 220/[email protected] cam , Tbss Intake , 50Lb FIC injectors , ported and milled 317s , FBO, true duals 3", PTC built 4l65e and 2800stall with billet front , Half ass tuned by myself ...Trying to learn how to do it right ✅️

Quote Originally Posted by RawrMotorsports View Post
    Ok thanks that makes more sense .. can anyone help with what pins the sensor needs to be wired into the po1 ecu ? I can repin just need to know what # pins and also what pins are usable ECU grounds I need to wire my wideband o2 into ecu ground while I'm at it thanks
    https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...-write-up.html

I used this writeup a few years ago, Google is your friend!
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)

Tuner in Training
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Vardaman View Post
    https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...-write-up.html

I used this writeup a few years ago, Google is your friend!

I tried to do a segment swap it wouldn't let me is grayed out because of different OS from what I've gathered .. thinking about using the tahoe flex tune and just changing the vin with vin wizard then copy all my stuff over .. would this work ? 2002 po1 ecu

Senior Tuner
    Unless something has changed, HPT won't let you create a VIN/OS mismatch. There are other products out there that will. Once the VIN/OS mismatch is created HPT will let you license it though.

Tuner in Training
    It let me create It I haven't licensed it or copied all my tables over yet but it's a 02 flex tune with my vin now

Senior Tuner
    That typically breaks their licensing scheme.

Senior Tuner
    I thought that only mattered if the year code of the VIN didn't fall within years covered by the OS.

Tuner in Training
    So I win ?! ��