Thread: 2008 Ford Escape PATS Disable

Tuner in Training

2008 Ford Escape PATS Disable

In VCM Editor I go to System but the window is blank. Am I doing something wrong or am I not able to disable the PATS on my 2008 Ford Escape?

Potential Tuner
    How did you even get hp tuners to read the escape?

Potential Tuner
    Did you figure anything? I've got same problem on a 08 escape 2.3 also need to turn off pats

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2006 Ford Freestyle with a similar problem. I replaced the ECM but the owner did not have but one key so I cannot program the ECM to the key. I went into the program and disabled PATS but still no start. my Maxlite scanner still shows incorrect transponder from key. Any help out there?

Tuner in Training
    As far as I remember its because the PATS is in a separate module that isn't readable with HP Tuners.

Potential Tuner
    Bump

Advanced Tuner
    PATS anti theft / security module is the instrument cluster. Later model ford's incorporate the security module into the BCM. Best bet would be to get it to the dealer and get a key for it. Or maybe call a locksmith. HpTuners can't help with this.

Tuner in Training
    Forscan can be used to program keys. I was wanting to disable PATS so I didn't have to go through the hassle of the local Ford Dealer.

Advanced Tuner
    Turning it off in HpTuners, is only going to let you run the engine if you manually jump the starter. The gateway module will still prevent a start signal to the starter if the PATS is locked. The dealer will not have the ability to disable PATS other than fixing what is causing the PATS to lock the system. They cannot and will not disable it permanently for various reasons.

Advanced Tuner
    Also, you cannot program keys unless you have a locksmith registry PIN. See nastf.org for more info