Thread: Corrupt Communication

Tuner in Training

Corrupt Communication

Not sure where to post this, so I'm posting in multiple. After a long day of coding on laptop, I unplugged external monitor and other peripherals from the laptop and went to the car to upload a tune. After it uploaded, I noticed the laptop was glitching. I was barely able to reboot it. Cranked the engine and I have P163F code and trans won't shift passed 3rd.

We need a way to alter trans ID code. This issue is too common. HPTuners shouldn't allow corrupt communication between laptop and PCM. Dealership says "the car has/had an aftermarket tuner that has caused a bunch of communication codes across multiple modules ... tech says there's over a page of communication codes." Not sure how truthful that statement is, but the tech won't touch it and it has 3k miles (2020 Mustang GT).

The PCM has detected an invalid transmission identification. Default to 1st or 3rd gearMaximum line pressure
    CLEAR the DTC . REPROGRAM the PCM with the latest calibration. If the DTC returns, INSTALL a new PCM
    Transmission ID memory block corrupted, not programmed

Tuner in Training
    printout from the dealership regarding communication codes

dealer printout 152322016_452805826074682_5834654625045664346_n.jpg