Thread: Tuners : remote tuning

Advanced Tuner

Tuners : remote tuning

Greetings. I?m trying to get a dependable and knowledgeable tuner to tune my hemi remotely.I?m thinking of johan for the tuning. I have an issue, only communication is by email and not by phone? Kind of worried about sending money and only have email communications. Is this normal practice for remote tuning? Also, when I searched for him the site was taffeta unsafe site. I continued to contact by email only. I?m guessing I?m looking for reassurance that this is normal. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the help guys, great job.

This forum, and this particular section do not get a lot of traffic.

I've had a baseline tune done remotely via email only. It worked just fine.

Unless you have some sort of weird combo, tuning your car probably won't require much effort on their part. Talking on the phone might be viewed as a distraction, and largely not required. If you ask questions about every little thing they are doing, it might be viewed as an annoyance.

If you are tuning something that is way different than what the car came with from the factory (like you added a blower/turbo/nitrous), then I'd never recommend remote tuning. It's not that it can't be done...it's more that I feel like they need to see what is going on, and you just can't get that through a few pics and emails.

If that is something you aren't comfortable with, find another tuner that communicates the way you like. The market is saturated with people that "tune" cars...someone is bound to be at least somewhat competent.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    I’m new and not familiar with how to fill out what my car has done to it. It’s 08 Chrysler300c 5.7 with eagle heads and a comp cam 112-303-11 and a set of long tube headers. I want to continue with the person I picked, just wanted to know if that’s normal procedure to send money but only communicate by email, it’s my first time and that sounded fishy. I explained my moss and the person said he could do the tune. I will try it and hope that it’s legitimate. I’ll chime back once it’s done.

Advanced Tuner
    Would you be able to recommend any? Just in case this venture does go ?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2gnx View Post
    Would you be able to recommend any? Just in case this venture does go ?
    Jay Greene if he's still around.. Guy does great work.

Testimony https://youtu.be/rNoe4mcrNug

https://www.facebook.com/Jaygreene03/?__xts__[0]=68.ARBPfx74k-nB7_w8b00eV2RbZWV4TEoVaJ5YF5gBN_yIYhm0qXVA8PGVKjjd b0F0CFnswONA0juUYkwUmkzGqM8Z_Ph3dCmUbXJfbdqJ8CCzKb OstfPHD8uWbJUBlQBPkweZio4Nz51GMks4TFaguT6Pk2pJr48k RQpCXPW_nimK_BY5dFzBCreQKWJshtroaZxiDiglP6Jld-ejCE1oWULw452aNwHwi7HReNwA7k0RukgPeER_r1LGQGckFTTX JLQMxGCfJOMI-HpzuyQ2IrJU2iG1n3DgTzI8rZckN7zkSeHKBliA
    Last edited by coanan; 02-21-2021 at 11:45 AM.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

i also Remote tune as well and how i communicate is by email , facebook , IG and by Phone.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    list your mods and whole setup...
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    I remote tune, and while my number isnt a big secret, I defiantly prefer communication through email, text, or messenger. People have a very hard time respecting personal time. I dont answer unknown numbers after hours or on the weekends. Someone calling back to back to back on a saturday is not helping anyone. Communication other than an actual phone call is best for numerous reasons. I can answer at my convivence when I have time to concentrate on you
    I can go back and look at our conversation. You are not my only customer, sometimes I get mixed up, or forget. Not to mention how many people want to call, ask a bunch of questions, and not ready to tune for a few weeks-months then when you are ready Im expected to remember you, our conversation, and every detail about your build and other needs.

Advanced Tuner
    That’s how you feel about your customers?

Advanced Tuner
    @sultanhassanmastunung, where do I go to fill in the info on my vehicles?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    @sultanhassanmastunung, where do I go to fill in the info on my vehicles?
    just email with the current calibration with mods list
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    You might have read into my comment more than I intended, or I possibly did not type what was going on in my head.

An example of what I was referring to

I am more than happy to spend hours upon hours chatting with a customer to spec a build or discuss options, ideas, opinions etc.

I prefer some sort of text be that email, text message, etc. That allows me to go back through messages with you and job my memory so we can pick back up where we left off.

I dont mean at all to sound like Im not happy for every customer I have, Im just trying to show another side of why a tuner might prefer to communicate exclusively through email, or other form of communication other than a phone call.
    Not to mention, if Im in the middle of tuning a vehicle, I dont want to get side tracked. Another example of when/why text is better than a call.

Different people prefer different communication methods

Advanced Tuner
    That’s how you feel about your customers?
    You might have read into my comment more than I intended, or I possibly did not type what was going on in my head.

An example of what I was referring to

I am more than happy to spend hours upon hours chatting with a customer to spec a build or discuss options, ideas, opinions etc.

I prefer some sort of text be that email, text message, etc. That allows me to go back through messages with you and job my memory so we can pick back up where we left off.

I dont mean at all to sound like Im not happy for every customer I have, Im just trying to show another side of why a tuner might prefer to communicate exclusively through email, or other form of communication other than a phone call.
    Not to mention, if Im in the middle of tuning a vehicle, I dont want to get side tracked. Another example of when/why text is better than a call.

Different people prefer different communication methods.

I want to offer the best possible services I can to my customers, and a phone call to discuss details, for me is not the best method.

Advanced Tuner
    @white1, I understand now. I understand the need not to be bothered while working but I would like to be able to speak with the person I’m sending money and relying one to help with my vehicle, that’s all. Thanks for clearing it up.

Advanced Tuner
    @sultanhassanmastuning, email sent.