Thread: NEW 18" Stang Owner and Tuner

Potential Tuner

NEW 18" Stang Owner and Tuner

Greetings everyone. Made a modification to my base stock tune file with subtle changes. Would like another set of eyes to give some advice. Haven't been able to data log yet with all the snow as of late, but for the most part the car feels pretty good. Only mods on this pony are a K&N replacement filter, Modified OEM airbox removing the tampon and filing down the plastic with a dremil, and JLT oil catch cans on both sides of the motor to help reduce oil blowby and keep the octane stable Car is on 93 octane exclusively. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Welcome! Will take a peek this weekend at it. Let us know when you can post a log

Potential Tuner
    Thanks sir, roads are a bit icy and slushy, i will try to find a good patch of road long enough for a 1-3 gear pull that i can do safely on.

Potential Tuner
    SORRY this is a diff issue- as u can see this is my First post n just having twins at the Ripe age of 44- my ?17 stang is my tether to my sanity lol. Appreciate ALL you peoples input n replies - I?m learning a lot. Unfortunately I always had the economical car while my buddies had the fast, cool cars. With that said, I had my Gd buddy n pretty gd stang mechanic install a Pmas cold air intake on my ?17 gt premium rt as I had Lumas do their tune. Long story short, it responded Great, EXCEPT for it Never seems to settle bk to factory idle- rpms are like they were factory/Bfore these 2 ?simple? upgrades. It just Always sounds like itS revving-or like 1000+ rpms More than what it Was stock- I Only have 11k miles on it - this is what I was afraid of - doin mods n now I feel like I maybe should remove the tune n sell it or chk the Lumas cold air kit - it Def doesn?t sit flush all way around n I read that it?s Possible That can cause a vacuum effect n Maybe contribute to my high idling sound. Sorry So long- I just don?t know where to turn. Researched a bunch. Would even send someone w the Right info a small token of my appreciation As I know We All are in Tough times right now- I?m actually trying to GtFoo NY n move to Fl this summer. I?m the type of guy who has done Hundreds of favors for fellow blue collar guys n Never Asked for Anythg in return - once Again- apologize n am Not Gd w social media/Facebook etc. just a Gd dude whose been in a job where I?ve helped people for the last 27 yrs n would Appreciate one of u fellas helping me. GiddeUp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SamboneL150 View Post
    SORRY this is a diff issue- as u can see this is my First post n just having twins at the Ripe age of 44- my ?17 stang is my tether to my sanity lol. Appreciate ALL you peoples input n replies - I?m learning a lot. Unfortunately I always had the economical car while my buddies had the fast, cool cars. With that said, I had my Gd buddy n pretty gd stang mechanic install a Pmas cold air intake on my ?17 gt premium rt as I had Lumas do their tune. Long story short, it responded Great, EXCEPT for it Never seems to settle bk to factory idle- rpms are like they were factory/Bfore these 2 ?simple? upgrades. It just Always sounds like itS revving-or like 1000+ rpms More than what it Was stock- I Only have 11k miles on it - this is what I was afraid of - doin mods n now I feel like I maybe should remove the tune n sell it or chk the Lumas cold air kit - it Def doesn?t sit flush all way around n I read that it?s Possible That can cause a vacuum effect n Maybe contribute to my high idling sound. Sorry So long- I just don?t know where to turn. Researched a bunch. Would even send someone w the Right info a small token of my appreciation As I know We All are in Tough times right now- I?m actually trying to GtFoo NY n move to Fl this summer. I?m the type of guy who has done Hundreds of favors for fellow blue collar guys n Never Asked for Anythg in return - once Again- apologize n am Not Gd w social media/Facebook etc. just a Gd dude whose been in a job where I?ve helped people for the last 27 yrs n would Appreciate one of u fellas helping me. GiddeUp
    Welcome noob! people here are generally very helpful. But.... you dropped a line on somebody elses thread. This is what we call "hijacking". You should really start your own thread. Copy your post, delete it from this thread, create your own and watch the replies fly!