Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Audi/VW MQB 2.0T Tuning Thread

Advanced Tuner
    I'll take a look too-- but yeah your own thread is probably best!

I have a 2017 Audi S3 so we should be on the exact same software. You probably have at least 1 limiter in the way of what you're trying to get after.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobiext View Post
    Hello TylerJDubbs

Thanks for the offer, I have attached my latest modified file and my stock file plus launch logs of both tunes. Interestingly with my latest tune I did notice an increase in MAP but the reported torque is even lower than stock. I think there is a fair bit of additional tuning I need to do with this file (ignition, fuel trim etc.) but I would just be happy to see some basic increase in torque and my launch times before I begin the fine tuning process.

Thanks again.
    first off here before you melt a piston you need fuel...

.96 isnt good for 2.6bar absolute i would try for around .90 tapering down to .84-.82 utilizing power enrichment...

Also the [ECM] 48019 - (VE Maximum Manifold Absolute Pressure) should remain stock as this is causing your fueling to be off in boost

Potential Tuner
    Thanks TylerJDubbs and Aaronc7, I will make the changes to the fuel as a matter of priority. I have started a new thread here"

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...788#post679788

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by agron25 View Post
    hi aaronc7
    I read the post and I am interested in activating mpi on my golf 7R euro
    could you make some screen prints for the mpi injector activation tables?
    I try to play with the mpi, but for the moment it does not work
    so I try to understand how it works, but it's not easy
    Send me a PM with your file and I'll take a look. You're right that it's not always easy. Something seemingly so easy often times requires a bunch of changes, many of which are not defined in HPT software.

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys, is there any pro tuner here. I wanna tune ecu & tcu, i can pay by paypal.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by habil View Post
    Hi guys, is there any pro tuner here. I wanna tune ecu & tcu, i can pay by paypal.
    i recommend TylerJDubbs he helped me a lot great tunes

Potential Tuner
    Thank you! Where do I go exactly to adjust base timing?

Tuner in Training SolarSupremacy's Avatar
    Have you guys had any luck with the 'vag 06l 907 425' ECUs?

2017 Audi A4, SIMOS 18.4.

Apparently HPT can't read it. Looking for a solution or alternative software.
    Owner of Solar Customs

If you want help with tuning, automotive electrical stuffs, or other car mods, add me on Discord: SolarSupremacy

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarSupremacy View Post
    Have you guys had any luck with the 'vag 06l 907 425' ECUs?

2017 Audi A4, SIMOS 18.4.

Apparently HPT can't read it. Looking for a solution or alternative software.
    We tune these and can send you a cable. PM me

Potential Tuner

Need more fuel mass for Ethanol tune

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Couple guys have asked me for example file with MPI enabled.... here is my stock file vs MPI enabled with some of the common settings edited also to highlight what else you'll probably want to change. Also including a FlexFuel enabled tune.
    Hi aaronc7, first of all, thank you for sharing such great information!

I have a 2019 R with the exact same ROM ID but I can't get it to fuel a higher volume for a E85 tune (still very high STFT). Sometimes I use injector scaling to help, is this: 48995 Inj constant ? If so do you know the math I need to use? ms/(gr/stk) in order to get the number for 980cc injectors?

Thank you in advance!

Advanced Tuner
    I forget the units exactly for the injector constant, but I looked at a stock bin for a file that came with factory MPI the small 210cc injectors or whatever, and scaled it based off that. 0.07-0.08 ish should work and be a good starting point.

Potential Tuner
    Hi aaronc7,

Thank you! I did the same long time ago but funny my numbers were like 0.689 and yours are 0.086, and I tried both and nothing, how come changing this does not help getting more fuel injected? Actually, that is my question, how do you get the car to fuel more?, I need more fuel flow as I am trying to do a E85 conversion, customer will use only pump ethanol and in other HPT supported platforms I can achieve that by reducing injector flow in the calibration. Any advice for me please?

Update:
    correct way to calculate injector constant: old injector size / new injector size * Stock Injector Scalar
    Inj constant= 210/980*.4383=0.0939
    Last edited by turbocrazy; 06-18-2023 at 09:33 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Are the MPI injectors firing? Did you change the fuel stoich value to E85 or set the alternative fuel content value for E85, so it knows the correct fuel mass to inject? Either of those or wrong injector scaling could throw off fuel trims quite a bit.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Are the MPI injectors firing? Did you change the fuel stoich value to E85 or set the alternative fuel content value for E85, so it knows the correct fuel mass to inject? Either of those or wrong injector scaling could throw off fuel trims quite a bit.
    Funny enough, I asked the shop to check for actual injector firing today ;-)
    Yes, did it on the Stoich value.

Will wait for shop's answer and go from there, Thanks again!

Advanced Tuner
    If the tune is properly set up for MPI and in the datalog it shows a MPI injector pulsewidth, but they are not actually firing (hardware issue) you have a scenario where it's commanding it and assuming it's working but it might not be.... in this case fuel trims will be very high as the DI injectors try to compensate for this. A good MPI test file would be MPI only accounting for maybe 10% of overall fuel volume-- enough that you could see issues in the logs, but not bad enough where bad things would happen (10% well within the range that DI injectors and STFT should be able to compensate).

Let us know how it goes. Is a shop doing the tune or are you tuning yourself?

Potential Tuner
    aaronc7 thanks to your help I was able to get this 2019 Golf R AWD running perfectly. Now that it fuels as commanded, we need more boost and overall get the throttle to stay open. Right now have not been able to raise the boost past 18psi and more importantly to prevent the throttle from closing from about 3500RPM @ 11psi from 81% down to 40% all the way to RPM limit.
    Of course it must be noted that I have worked, Airflow, Boost and Torque parameters. One question, in other post they mention that Throttle can be prevented from closing modifying ATT and TTA tables, can't find any table with a name close to those letters..

Is it possible we work on that please?
    Last edited by turbocrazy; 06-24-2023 at 06:14 PM.