Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Audi/VW MQB 2.0T Tuning Thread

Tuner
    Yea Pin 71 , I think that only apply for GTIs havent seen any for audi S3 that already come with MPFI pin 71 is taken by the engine speed sensor according to the pin out

Advanced Tuner
    I have an Audi S3. You might be looking at the other harness/connector? Mine is pinned to 71 and nothing was there originally.

Tuner
    Correct I was looking at the wrong diagrams for some reason all data does not have their diagrams correct, I physically looked at pin 71 and is empty ,

now let me ask you, have you play with the di to mpi ratio? I was playing with it the other day and does not seem to make a difference CL lambda still goes positive even with 1300cc port injectors

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GCtech View Post
    Correct I was looking at the wrong diagrams for some reason all data does not have their diagrams correct, I physically looked at pin 71 and is empty ,

now let me ask you, have you play with the di to mpi ratio? I was playing with it the other day and does not seem to make a difference CL lambda still goes positive even with 1300cc port injectors
    Yes, I have my MPI split tables such that it's DI only below something like 600-900mg/stk, then start to blend in MPI at higher airmass. Post or PM me your current tune file and I can take a better look/compare if you'd like

Potential Tuner

Help me go e85

Hey I?m looking to do PR kit on my s3 this week but am running euRodyne and know they don?t have a set file for flex fuel or e85. Are you still tuning on our platform and if so had any luck with tuning on eurodyne ?

Thanks In advance.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    While it's fresh on my mind....datalogging. Here is my current (new) general log list:

While the new PIDs are a very welcome addition, the logging isn't particularly fast (yet), so you need to be mindful of a few things and how many items you're logging so you don't get slow logging rates.

The scanner receives right at 100 frames a second which means the overall logging rate is around 100hz. Log 20 params at full speed and you'll get ~5hz etc.

There's some weird behavior when logging a mix of SAE params and Mode 22 params (the ones not marked SAE), which I documented here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...n-Optimization

Bottom line...I recommend logging only mode 22 PIDs or weird stuff will probably happen and it will probably wreck the logging speed of the stuff you really care about.

Anyways, in the list above, I am logging the first ~18 items at 5hz, then about 5 at 2hz, then the various temps are a much slower rate. With the goal of having no slower than 5hz for the stuff I really care about.

Not the best logger in the world, but you can make it work, you just cant get lazy and select everything for every single log. Might not be a bad idea to create a few different log lists depending on what you're trying to get after.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't have my ED dongle anymore so I can't use maestro anymore. Been a long time since I used it too.

Eurodyne you have to use their "sliders", if your box code has an 'adjustable" file made for it. Hit up railroader on golfmk7 forums, he can take care of you I'm sure. I talk to him regularly and he's active ED tuner/user.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by QuattroTho View Post
    Hey I?m looking to do PR kit on my s3 this week but am running euRodyne and know they don?t have a set file for flex fuel or e85. Are you still tuning on our platform and if so had any luck with tuning on eurodyne ?

Thanks In advance.
    If you need some help with eurodyne you can contact me on facebook messenger

https://www.facebook.com/gary.schultz.98096

Yes, I have my MPI split tables such that it's DI only below something like 600-900mg/stk, then start to blend in MPI at higher airmass. Post or PM me your current tune file and I can take a better look/compare if you'd like
    my son just got a 2015 s3 and i want to see if we can get some power out it.
    We ordered a Invidia downpipe, a injen intake and ready bto play with the file.
    if you have a file to share for comparison, i would appreciate the help.
    Thanks
    09 Pontiac G8GT LSA conversion & cammed (HP Tuned)
    07 Trailblazer SS Cammed & Nitrous Fed (HP Tuned)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedmaster747 View Post
    my son just got a 2015 s3 and i want to see if we can get some power out it.
    We ordered a Invidia downpipe, a injen intake and ready bto play with the file.
    if you have a file to share for comparison, i would appreciate the help.
    Thanks
    PM me please! Definitely a lot to gain with just a simple tune on these cars.

Potential Tuner
    Hi,
    Considering purchasing the Hp tuner device for my vehicle.
    I had the idea of adding an aftermarket (SPAL) fan to my S3. Ive removed the A/C and have a vented hood with airducting around the radiator. I want to remove the fan shroud and add a low profile fan instead of the OEM unit. I thought this would be easy but now Ive learned all about PWM and ECU control of the fans. It would be easy still except the Fan Control Module is a part of the OEM fan I removed. Im trying to see if the Hptuner device will display duty cycle and and control information for the s3 8v fans. Anybody know? Appreciate any help.

Potential Tuner
    Greetings Tuners,
    I have been lurking on these forums for a little while but thought I would say hello now that I finally have an MPVI2. I'm very new to the world of ECU tuning but am looking to up skill myself in some of the basics and hopefully get a bit more fun out of my little rocket (2017 MK7 Golf R) in the process.
    I've been fiddling around with the VCM tuner software and comparing a few different files I have found on the forum (mostly aaronc7's MPI tune) but have to admit it is all very confusing at the moment (so many tables, acronyms and abbreviations). I'm looking for a good starting point tune to expedite the potential gains in HP and to gather some understanding of what it takes to get these gains. I've searched the HPTuners repository (with no luck at all) and found a variety of stock or slightly modified files on these forums (and the Dropbox repository) but was wondering if there are other places out there with a better repository of vehicle specific files?
    Here is my current stock tune file and a scan of a quick launch (I think I need to update a few of the graphed parameters).

Anyway, I'll get started on making some changes, but warn you that many stupid questions may follow.

Thanks for your contributions to these forums thus far.

Scoobiext
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Hey all, maybe I'll have better luck here with what I am looking for. Does anyone know how to enable left foot braking or rolling brake boost?

Advanced Tuner
    For MQB / Simos18 it's in Airflow -> Electronic Throttle. Simple on/off toggle.

Looks like you have a different ECU, so it may be implemented different or not at all.

Tuner in Training
    For MQB / Simos18 it's in Airflow -> Electronic Throttle. Simple on/off toggle.

Looks like you have a different ECU, so it may be implemented different or not at all.
    Thank you. I will look into this.

In the Airflow tab, under Electronic Throttle, I see throttle limit max and brake override. Throttle limit has been set to 100 and brake override was set disabled
    Last edited by blacka6; 03-02-2022 at 07:12 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blacka6 View Post
    Thank you. I will look into this.

In the Airflow tab, under Electronic Throttle, I see throttle limit max and brake override. Throttle limit has been set to 100 and brake override was set disabled
    Yea that brake over ride switch was the first thing I tried

Potential Tuner
    hi aaronc7
    I read the post and I am interested in activating mpi on my golf 7R euro
    could you make some screen prints for the mpi injector activation tables?
    I try to play with the mpi, but for the moment it does not work
    so I try to understand how it works, but it's not easy

Potential Tuner
    Well, I've been muddling around for the past week or so. Unfortunately I can't seem to get an improvement over the base configuration of my ECU. I do however have a few questions that I'm hoping that someone out there may be able to answer.
    - I have made many changes to the driver demand and other torque management tables/values but when I test drive the car I never seem to manage a driver demanded torque or MAP above stock values (max I have seen is 380 n.m. and 227 kPa), Is this likely a limit, or do I need to change TTA, PR and other related tables to see an increase here (any advice on which ones would be appreciated)?
    - My understanding of the speed density tables is that, a particular MAP pressure relates to a VE group, this group has the parameters to calculate the actual VE. Is this how it works? How does the group selection work for group mapping versus standard MAP group selection. Is there an effective method to tune the various groups used and the parameters of the groups?
    - What is the relationship between TTA and ATT tables, is it just the TTA that needs to be modified to demand extra airmass for increased torque?
    - Do you need to modify other transmission type (e.g. CVT. MT) torque demand tables or just the transmission type fitted to the car?

Apologies for what may seem like basic questions.

Cheers,

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobiext View Post
    Well, I've been muddling around for the past week or so. Unfortunately I can't seem to get an improvement over the base configuration of my ECU. I do however have a few questions that I'm hoping that someone out there may be able to answer.
    - I have made many changes to the driver demand and other torque management tables/values but when I test drive the car I never seem to manage a driver demanded torque or MAP above stock values (max I have seen is 380 n.m. and 227 kPa), Is this likely a limit, or do I need to change TTA, PR and other related tables to see an increase here (any advice on which ones would be appreciated)?
    - My understanding of the speed density tables is that, a particular MAP pressure relates to a VE group, this group has the parameters to calculate the actual VE. Is this how it works? How does the group selection work for group mapping versus standard MAP group selection. Is there an effective method to tune the various groups used and the parameters of the groups?
    - What is the relationship between TTA and ATT tables, is it just the TTA that needs to be modified to demand extra airmass for increased torque?
    - Do you need to modify other transmission type (e.g. CVT. MT) torque demand tables or just the transmission type fitted to the car?

Apologies for what may seem like basic questions.

Cheers,
    If you make a post with your OG file, Tuned file and logs attached I will help

Potential Tuner
    Hello TylerJDubbs

Thanks for the offer, I have attached my latest modified file and my stock file plus launch logs of both tunes. Interestingly with my latest tune I did notice an increase in MAP but the reported torque is even lower than stock. I think there is a fair bit of additional tuning I need to do with this file (ignition, fuel trim etc.) but I would just be happy to see some basic increase in torque and my launch times before I begin the fine tuning process.

Thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobiext View Post
    Hello TylerJDubbs

Thanks for the offer, I have attached my latest modified file and my stock file plus launch logs of both tunes. Interestingly with my latest tune I did notice an increase in MAP but the reported torque is even lower than stock. I think there is a fair bit of additional tuning I need to do with this file (ignition, fuel trim etc.) but I would just be happy to see some basic increase in torque and my launch times before I begin the fine tuning process.

Thanks again.
    I meant start your own thread please