Thread: Pedal Commander/Pedal Monster functionality with HPtuners?

Tuner in Training

Pedal Commander/Pedal Monster functionality with HPtuners?

I would like to get a more linear, more direct throttle reponse when hitting the throttle on my 2008 HHR. As far as I understand, that's what Pedal Commander, Pedal Monster et.al. promise to deliver. Not more power, but a more responsive feeling.

Is this something that can be achieved/configured with HPtuners? I have a MPVI2 and the HPtuners software for my HHR, but only very, very limited knowledge in tuning...

It can be but it is a very tricky proposition. Most do not mess with specific throttle tables. If you "F" them up in any way it can be very dangerous. Pedal commander is a much safer workaround in that all it does is modify your APP (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor). Basically it modifies its rate based on what you want it to do. Several different configs already in it. Not my thing particularly but some people really like them.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for your answer! Good point, I can see the potential risks... Are those the throttle tables seen below you mentioned? Maps A to C describe RPM vs APP%, whereas Map D describes desired throttle vs APP%.

Which one of these maps is supposed to be used? Obviously at least maps A to C cannot apply at the same time.
    Clipboard05.jpg

Yes. Mind you that there can be tables (depending on application and OS) that will have things like tow, performance, economy, etc.
    There was actually a bulletin for throttle progression issue on Silverado's that had VERY bad throttle response off the line all the way through about 30% or so. They corrected it with an OS update that totally fixes the problem. It messed with several tables not to mention the possibility of tables that can't be seen by HP Tuners. Others have messed with them with good results, but I just won't.