Thread: 18+ GT A10 Procharger Throttle Oscillation

Advanced Tuner

18+ GT A10 Procharger Throttle Oscillation

Hey guys,

I am fighting with an odd throttle oscillation issue on this 2019 D1X car I am tuning. Setup is as follows:

D1X Stage 2 Blower - 4.75" pulley - about 11-12psi at 7500
    FIC 1000cc injectors
    DW400

Right around .8-.9 airload around 35-40% throttle the car will cut in and out. I CANNOT figure out why this keeps happening, any help is appreciated.

Kris
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kris5597; 02-24-2021 at 10:27 AM.

I can't open the tune but the log looks like an IMRC issue. Jumping between MP 0 and 14 and corresponding IMRC sensor fluctuation.

Advanced Tuner
    Whoops, sorry about that, try it now.

The IMRCs are adjusted to open at .35 airload and close at .30. Since the throttle closure is occuring and dropping load below that threshold, they are closing. IMRC function is retained for cruising and idle. Car idles perfectly and get 25+mpg cruising even with the blower.

Kris

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    Whoops, sorry about that, try it now.

The IMRCs are adjusted to open at .35 airload and close at .30. Since the throttle closure is occuring and dropping load below that threshold, they are closing. IMRC function is retained for cruising and idle. Car idles perfectly and get 25+mpg cruising even with the blower.

Kris
    you're 100% sure on the torque and torque inverse tables being correct?
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

No need to scale the MAF for 11psi unless your maf located on IC
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    you're 100% sure on the torque and torque inverse tables being correct?
    I'm 100% the math is right to get the torque values I got, I am not 100% that the resulting number is correct. I noticed the commanded torque drops below the actual torque right before the issues start to occur. But I've been down this road before on correcting the torque tables before on this issue and it did not resolve the problem. Is it the same issue causing the problem, that I am unsure of as well, but it detoured me from going down that avenue as of yet.

Kris

Advanced Tuner
    Hi Kris, apparently we are right down the road from each other.

I went through the logic flow and the torque request does equate to the correct load of about 0.85. The load is translated into the correct airflow of about 11 lb/min. The throttle opens to the predicted angle to achieve 11 lb/min. At this point, I would expect it to fine-tune the throttle angle to keep it at 11 lb/min, but the control loop appears to "blow up". The PI control parameters appear to all be stock, so unfortunately I can't tell why it's doing this. However, I did notice something very peculiar, and that is that the Manifold Vacuum (ETC Model) value goes to 0.200 inHg during the oscillation, which is a very deep vacuum and obviously erroneous. I can't tell how it calculates this, but I'm certain it's wrong and likely the inputs to the model are wrong. I'm betting that this is where the problem lies, but I looked all through the cal data and don't see where the inputs to this Manifold Vacuum ETC Model (as opposed to SD model) are.

Advanced Tuner
    Have you checked the bypass valve? I think I would try removing the vacuum line and see what effect that has. I could see the airflow not responding as the TB model predicts if the bypass valve is changing the upstream pressure.

Advanced Tuner
    I'll try and disconnect the line and see if it's the culprit, if it is in fact the culprit, tuning around it, I'm not sure how to do.

Kris

Tuner
    Hmmm, If you remove vacuum line to bypass and no change then that could be an issue. Bypass is faulty. Trying to catch up to this thread...hows your throttle body data? Stock? Torque model?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    Hmmm, If you remove vacuum line to bypass and no change then that could be an issue. Bypass is faulty. Trying to catch up to this thread...hows your throttle body data? Stock? Torque model?
    Stock throttle body data/ stock throttle body and Intake manifold setup

Torque model was based around a 2019 Whipple base map.

Kris

Kris are you using measure speed density tables or Whipple speed density? Also torque model for Whipple and Procharger are going to be quite different down low.
    Last edited by onefastt; 02-28-2021 at 08:45 AM.