Thread: L83 tune review (constructive criticism welcome!!)

L83 tune review (constructive criticism welcome!!)

Hey there!! I thought I would see if any of the gen v guys wanted to take a glance at my tune fairly modified file I've put a fair amount of time and research into. At this point I'm dialing in the partial throttle LTFT's using w/the MAF frequency and I'm still working on that the file won't be perfect. There's nothing wrong per say, just looking for guidance, suggestions, and or pointers for longevity and performance willing to compensate in exchange for quality tuner review if need be. Thanks in advance and I'll post some logs later today idle/pull. -Addison

MOD List
    -AFM/DOD disabled

-Airaid MIT w/k&N

-Airbox baffle removal

-GPI L86 intake manifold/throttle body

-Acdelco pro wires and plugs.

-Long tube headers.

-Catless y pipe (no leaks Delco manifold gaskets used and I had it all welded deleted the ball flange and added new flex joint).

-Full length single exit exhaust with carven bullet and factory resonator out the stock tail pipe no valve.

-Katech 174 degree thermostat.

-Transmission thermostat delete bypass.

-I'm in Dallas Texas the truck is lifted 4 inches and on 35" tires with 3.42's might do 3.73's today as summit racing's down the street lol. Honestly I don't think I'll need much taller of a gear because it already moves/pulls great. Just a little more would be perfect without negating 1st gear with an auto it's a fear of mine. Had 4.10's in my 1997 slp SS camaro M6 needless to say great for burning tires and little else.

2018 L83 Silverado tune bolt ons (trans tuned).hpt
    Last edited by A_Texas90; 02-24-2021 at 08:21 AM.

can you post the file?
    i would do the 3.73 gear no need for lifted truck to go faster than 100mph and loose the driveshaft
    Last edited by flyingfool007; 02-24-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfool007 View Post
    can you post the file?
    i would do the 3.73 gear no need for lifted truck to go faster than 100mph and loose the driveshaft
    Log or tune file? Just masking sure there's not an issue with the tune file I uploaded b/c it's there in the post my I'm able to see it posted below the MOD list. Let me know thanks will get log file after my phone finishes updating here in about an hour.

***I attached the tune file to the response***
    Attached Files Attached Files