Thread: can't figure out this idle

Potential Tuner

can't figure out this idle

Car originally had an LY6. Got the car as a roller and threw together a gen 3 6.0. Same 853 heads but but they were machined. Also the Ly6 had a cam in it.
    now it has the stock truck cam. everything else is the same intake, injectors, TB.

Heres the car at idle
    and the Zachs tune is what ive done to get it to at least start and idle using what was already there in the original (shitbird freeland)

idle continues to go up in Rpm. and ive played around with so many tables and ended up just coming back to square one. im burnt out on it.
    and still very new to this. big learning curve. any input would be appreciated.

2001 Pontiac Trans Am
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You've got a vacuum leak. The IAC goes to 0 after it warms up. It's still idling up even though it's commanding a lower idle speed.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    You've got a vacuum leak. The IAC goes to 0 after it warms up. It's still idling up even though it's commanding a lower idle speed.
    arggghh! i knew it too. since day one.. ive taken the damn intake off so many times now and went through cans of brake cleaner trying to find the leak. Only thing i didnt do is swap out that shit Fast intake with any of my other intakes is because im selling the car and everybody seems to get their rocks off over them intakes.

Ill report back after i swap the intake out. thanks for the help!

A leaky brake booster will create a vacuum leak you can't find with brake cleaner. Block the hose to check it.