Thread: can't get readiness

can't get readiness

16 challenger 6.4. CAI, shorties, CB exhaust. 180 t-stat, AFD flex fuel box
    everything else is stock.
    can't get readiness on this thing. only thing i've turned off is p0128 and it's not totally off, just no mil.
    always missing, cat, o2 sensor and fuel system. we can pass with one missing but three.
    tried with and without e85 and took off the AFD box just to be sure.
    any ideas why this won't do it's tests? there's no codes and car runs fine. done all kinds of driving around, stuff that i got a 15 to readiness in less than an hour.
    stock file is attached for comparison.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Let me help you. I'm looking at your differences between the two files.

Shorty headers? OK do not change O2 transport delays. Physical difference in location of the sensor has not changed. Multiply whole table by 1.5 in order to allow for long tube headers only.
    ECT rear being an unachievable temp effectively disables the cat test. Back to stock and the two airflow min and max airflow values just beneath it too. Cat test will be allowed again.
    No need to have power enrich anything below 2.7v on a naturally aspirated car. Don't forget to change it in driver demand as well.
    Target cat temps and exhaust temps generally get put to 1999F. Restore thresholds 1 and 2 to stock.
    Restore self controlled trans values to stock. Never felt the need to ever alter them.
    Restore all DTCs to stock except your 125 and 128, those can be completely knocked out.
    Tidy up your Trims in Neural Network throughout the range of operation with that E85 so that none get out of the Long Term +20 to -20 range.
    You'll pass.

Bonus, if your Cold Air intake system has created a little idle surge when fully warmed up which it always does in my experience, just subtract 2 and add 2 on opposing sides of 0 rpm error in Idle Torque throttle derivative P/N.
    Last edited by drumnbasslvr; 02-25-2021 at 08:09 PM.

i don't understand, i didn't change any of that stuff.
    and ect rear temp??? mistyped?? i need to turn 128 code back to stock??
    if there are tables different from stock read, the stock read was the file i sent to hpt for the unlock. could they have changed tables? because i read it again after unlock and used that file for tuning.
    i'll see if i can figure this all out, but might also try put stock file back on and get readiness. emissions test is due asap.
    thanks for the reply.

ok, i got it. ect rear is rear o2 sensor and sure enough that's been changed. airflow as well. no idea how that happened.
    will do the other things too, but i'm sure it's ect rear like you say.
    thanks for the reply!!!

that did it! totally overlooked the ect rear. not sure why that got changed, but it def. stopped the test.
    thanks again.